Rollercoaster

Chapter 56

Aimee's POV

We sat in silence on cold wooden seats outside the principal's office, Sean and I the only people in the huge empty corridor We hadn't spoken since the fight. I guess it was because I felt this whole thing was my fault. If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't be in this mess. Sean was just trying to protect me after all. And the baby.

"Yes. I completely understand, Sir. And I'll make sure to talk to them both sensibly."

The office door opened behind us. Frank slowly walked out, keeping eye contact with the principal the whole time.

He walked out himself, stared wildely at us two, nodded at Frank before returning back inside, shutting the door tightly.

Frank sighed, dragging a seat to face Sean and I. He sat on it back to front, his elbows resting on the wooden back of the seat.

"So, what happened?" He directed at Sean, whose eyes were red and filled with unshed tears.

He just shook his head, staring at the floor.

"Care to elaborate? I mean, come on. That guy didn't just ask for a broken nose and busted face, did he?"

Sean coughed a little, clearing his throat to speak.

"It was at lunch. I went to the bathroom and when I came back out I went to find Aimee. I saw her at this table, and then I saw this guy..."

He stopped talking and blinked a few times, tears splashing down his cheeks. I reached out for one of his clenched fists, letting him know it was okay to go ahead and say what happened.

He cleared his throat again, wiping his cheek with the cuff of his shirt vicously.

"He started talking to her," He began again. "I couldn't tell what they were saying but I could tell it wasn't going to be nice and sweet coming from a jock like that. I tried to get closer, to hear what he was saying to her, when he...he....he slapped her." He blurted out, rubbing his hand through his hair nervously.

Frank's eyes widened. He obviously hadn't been expecting this. What is he going to be like when we tell him about the baby?

He got off his seat and knelt on the floor besie me, his hand on mine.

Slowly, he sat himself up, face to face with me.

"Aimee?" His voice was shaky, sympathy coursing through it.

I looked away.

He tried again.

"Sweetie?" He grabbed my arm gently, turning my attention to him once again.

"What did he say?" He asked, urgency and fear finding themselves new homes in his voice.

Uh oh. This was the hard part.

I remained silent, edging back slightely in my seat.

"Aimee! What did he say?" He asked again, a little more eagerly.

I had never seen Frank like this before. Anger spilled out of him. He was like an animal..

Well I guess he was just looking out for me. Sort of like a lioness protecting her cubs from danger.

"He....uh....he.....umm.." I sighed. "Frank?"

"What is it honey?" He had calmed down a lot from before.

I couldn't believe what I was about to say. I mean, I have no idea what his reaction will be! What if he gets so angry, he hurls Sean across the room? What if he hands me to the jock and says, "Here you go. You were right. Now finish the job."? What if I end up on the streets and those guys find me again? What will happen to my baby? Well, there's only one way to find out...

"I'm pregnant." I whispered.

Silence