Rollercoaster

Chapter 58

Aimee's POV

The car journey wasn't so bad I guess. I decided sitting in the back would be my best option in this kind of situation.

Nothing was said, unless you can count Frank swearing at the radio when they said it would be raining tomorrow.

He spoke to me when we reached Gerard's. "I still can't believe you would do something like this, Aimee." Silence. "Why?"

I pretended not to hear him and continued up the driveway, opening the front door.

"Aimee! I'm talking to you!"

He grabbed my shoulder from behind, spinning me round to face him. Just at that moment, Mikey came out to the hall, his eyes widening.

"What's going on?"

Frank suddenly let go, his arm falling to his side. "Uh, this is a bit personal, Mikes. Do you mind if we have some privacy?"

"Oh, sure."

Mikey turned to me, mouthing 'have you told him yet?' and gesturing with his hands. Before I had a chance to stop him, Frank jumped in.

"What?"

Mikey stepped back, stuttering slightly. "Uh ..... I .... uh ..... nothing."

He started up the stairs, when Frank's hand reached out and pulled him back down.

"You knew?" He whispered, his voice turning from a whisper to a slight yell.

He quickly turned onto me. "You told him and didn't tell me?"

"Dude, look, I think you should calm down a bit." Mikey moved forward slightly.

But Frank didn't listen. He kept on and on at me, asking why Mikey knew before him, wanting to know how long we knew and then trying to figure out himself when no one answered.

With every question, he moved closer, making me back up nervously.

Another demand, and I felt myself back up into the wall.

"Why, Aimee? Huh? What's so wrong that you couldn't come to me first?" His voice boomed over me as he got closer and closer.

Suddenly the door of the lounge sprung open, making us all jump. Bob and Ray ran out, looking startled.

"What's all the shouting about, guys?" Bob's eyes darted from a quiet Mikey at the end of the hall to a crazed looking Frank and then me, scared in the corner.

Frank looked at me and laughed, walking lightly over to Bob and Ray.

He turned back and smiled at me, a little crazier than before.

"Well, well, well. Look who happened to pop by when we were having our 'little discussion'!" He looked around. "Where's Gerard? He may as well be here to hear this for himself."

Ray arched his eyebrows a bit. "Oh, he went out to buy some new art stuff, he'll be back soon. Why? What's this he needs to hear?"

My eyes widened, as I realized what he was on about.

But he wouldn't, would he?

"Oh well. I guess we're just gonna have to tell him later." He smiled broadly again. "But you guys can hear! You wouldn't believe what Aimee did..."

Mikey grabbed his shoulder from behind.

"Frank! What the hell are you doing? Look, just take it easy, okay? It's been a long day." He whispered.

But Frank just shrugged him off. His huge hazel eyes met my pleading ones.

"Frank, please." I begged, tears spilling down my face.

He stopped, his smile turning to a frown. He sighed. "Just go to your room."

I did as I was told, running all the way. I lay on my bed, my sobs muffled out by the pillow. Soon I nodded off, unaware.

When I awoke from my long sleep, I realized it hadn't been that long at all, having only been asleep for an hour.

I tip-toed downstairs, only able to hear Bob and Ray. They were laughing at something stupid on TV. It all stopped the minute I entered the room. Not like them...

"Y'alright? I smiled, trying not to think of what had actually gone on earlier.

They remained quiet. Definately not like them.

I made my way over to the couch. They immediately moved apart, leaving a huge gap in the middle. I stared at it for a while, then suddenly realized why they were acting so weird...

I ran out of the room, shouting. "Frank! FRANK!"

He ran out from the kitchen, startled.

I confronted him straight away. "You told them! You had no right!"

"I had no right? Well if that's true, how come Mikey did?" He defended.

"Because I knew you would act like this!"

"Well I'm sorry for being concerned for you.." He trailed off.

"That still gives you no right to act the way you did earlier! You're not even my father!"

"Uh....hello?" He said sarcastically. "Does adoption mean anything to you?"

"Frank! I mean nothing to you, do I?"

He sank a little. "Of course you do! I love you, Aimee. We just need to talk about this..."

I stopped him. "Talk about what?"

"Well, you can't exactly keep it now, can you?"

My eyes widened. "What? I thought you'd be supportive! Mikey was..."

"Well I'm not Mikey, okay?" He snapped.

"Yeah, but I wish he adopted me instead of you! He's more of a father to me than you could ever be!" I screamed, before running back upstairs.

.........