Rollercoaster

Chapter 61

Aimee's POV

"Knock, knock!" Mikey sang, and peeked around my door before entering. "Morning Sunshine." He smiled.

I looked gloomy up at him. Yes, even Mikey couldn't cheer me up. And that was saying something...

He tried to ignore it, smiling more broadly.

"So how are you guys?" He rubbed my belly through my shirt. It resembled a watermelon now, felt like two. I could hardly walk across the room without doubling over.

The doctor said it should be due on the 24th July. It's May. If you can't count, that means there's two months I gotta keep with this pain. I can tell you now, it's not gonna be pretty....

"Okay," I mumbled.

Don't get me wrong. I would've loved a baby. Before I couldn't wait until it was born. But I'm not so keen on raising it on my own...

That's right. Of the last four months, I haven't seen Sean once. I must have went through around two hundred dollars calling him, and not once has he answered. Not once has he called back.

And a lot of things have gone on in those months. I got three scans of the baby, for a start. Frank and the guys have been really busy getting new stuff for the house too. Things like high chairs, baby gates, pushchairs, clothes, they bought me all my maternity clothes and loads of other baby things.

Maybe Frank was right. Maybe he's not interested anymore....

See, that's another strange thing. Frank. Before he was totally against the idea, and didn't even want to admit there was a baby. But now, I think it's got through to him that this baby is coming, whether we like it or not, and now he's pretty happy about being a grandpa.

Mikey shuffled around, twiddling his thumbs, struggling to speak and break the silence. "Thought of any names yet?"

I didn't look at him. My voice was barely above a whisper. "No."

"Aimee, are you..." He bent forward.

"I'm fine." I said sharply.

He nodded, picking himself off the bed.

"Right, well me, Frank and Gerard are going out to get some supplies. We'll be back shortly. Bob and Ray are downstairs if you need anything, okay?"

I lay back down and turned my back on him.

Sensing he should leave, Mikey quietly left the room, gently closing the door after him.

I lay completely still until I heard the faint click of the front door shutting downstairs.

Slowly turning over, I picked up my cell. No missed calls. No messages.

"Why are you not calling? Don't you care?" I shouted angrily, hurling it from my grasp and watching as it collided with the wall, plastic and metal pieces shooting lie a bullet among the carpet.

I shook my head. "Of course you don't care. You thought you could just use me and leave me like everyone else I have ever loved. No one cares. All you want is for me to have this baby, just so you can do it all over again. No. I can't have that...."

30 minutes later

Narrator's POV

The young girl sat on the tiles of the bathroom floor, crying as she continued to swipe the sharp razor blade down her arm. Blood trickled down the raw flesh, like a waterfall.

Outside two men banged on the door, struggling to open it and determined to get her in time.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed, holding her ever - growing bump tightly and rocking herself back and forth.

The rocking and crying soon stopped as the girl collapsed on the ground suddenly, a trail of blood surrounding her. The shouts and cries of the men grew louder and more unstable as they realized something bad had happened and they still couldn't get to her...