Rollercoaster

Chapter 64

Frank's POV

Entering the room, I thought I would faint at what I saw before me...

It was weird visiting someone in the hospital. I mentally counted how many times I had been in here with my own injuries. Quite a lot... Most were stupid things caused by my own immaturity on stage. Broken bones here and there, chipped teeth, fractured ribs, I even risked brain damage once..

I think I have matured a lot since the first time I met Aimee. Of course, I am still Frank Iero : youngest, smallest and hyper-est member of My Chemical Romance. Not even I could change that.

We hadn't really performed that many shows since Aimee arrived either. We played five shows around America at the start, but then had to cancel a tour in Germany when I adopted Aimee, and she needed a little time to settle in properly.


Bob and Ray stood up in unison and began walking over to me. I hardly even noticed them, when Aimee was lying unconscious in this bed. Tubes and wires connected to her to a machine, letting out a silent beep every so often. An oxygen mask covered her beautiful face, which was hardly recognizable. Usually pink and rosy, her face was now an unnatural shade of white. Her arms lay delicately outside the covers, bandaged from wrist to elbow.

I knelt on the floor, sweeping a lock of hair out of her face. Taking one of her bandaged arms carefully, I held her hand safely in mine. But it remained limp. This couldn't be my Aimee, she wasn't even trying to hold on...

Mikey's POV

God, this looked bad. Frank immediately went over to Aimee, holding her hand. He buried his head in his arms and started sniffing uncontrollably when nothing happened. It was painful to watch one of your best friends break down in front of you. I'd seen it before, but this time it seemed worse, like he knew something much worse had happened.

I followed him, Gerard coming in last, a little timidly. He hated hospitals. Even if he was just visiting someone, he could barely stand it. I guess it was because this was like the home of needles...

Ray and Bob walked over as soon as we entered.

"What happened?" I asked Ray.

He scratched his head awkwardly, shuffling his feet a bit.

Bob edged his way around us. "I'm going down to get a coffee. This place is getting a bit small... Anyone want anything?"

We shook our heads, as Gerard's eyes lit up. "I'll go with you."

They left the tiny room, gently closing the door behind them.

My eyes met Ray's again. "What happened?" I urged him.

He sighed, lowering his voice to a whisper. "She tried to kill herself, Mikey." The quiet sound projected off the enclosed walls, making it sound louder than it actually was.

Frank slowly lifted his head, gently dropping Aimee's hand. He turned to face us, his eyes bloodshot and raging with anger.

"What?" He asked angrily. He got off the floor and charged towards Ray, staring up at him. "How dare you say that? Do you even know Aimee? She wouldn't do something like this..." His voice cracked as he began to doubt himself.

Ray stayed calm, holding Frank's shoulders strongly. "I wouldn't lie about something like this, Frank. Especially about Aimee."

Frank sank a little. "I don't get it. She seemed okay to me..."

"I'm pretty sure she meant it." Ray reached into the pocket of his jeans, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. "She left a note."

Frank looked at it cautiously, before slowly reaching out and taking it.

Frank's POV

I opened the letter.

Frank,
I'm sorry. I know you love me, but no one could really understand just how hard it was for me. I felt completely alone. But I'm better now...
Please don't worry or think about me. Just try and get on with things like normal.
I love you Frank. You don't know how much I mean that. You changed my life completely. If it wasn't for you, my dad probably would have killed me months ago.
You saved my life so many times. Just not this time...
So Long And Goodnight,
Aimee Iero. xxx