Rollercoaster

Chapter 67

Frank's POV

We all ran in at once. Immediately, I sat by Aimee's bedside. She was still extremely pale, but her eyes were half opened. I watched her closely as she stared into nothingness, taking her hand.

"Aimee, sweetie?"

"Sean," She breathed.

I sighed and stood up. His eyes lit up and he looked at me pleadingly. I nodded reluctantly, switching places with him in the tiny room.

"I'll go and tell the doctor." I mumbled, slightly feeling sorry for myself in the process.

Bob stopped me before I reached the door. "You can tell him later." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Look, just give them some time alone."

"Are you crazy? What makes you think he should be allowed anywhere near[i/] her?" I whispered back, angrily.

Without replying, Bob led me out to the corridor.

"Like I said earlier, he's been through a lot..."

I shook my head. "Save me the sympathy. I don't want to know..."

He told me anyway. "Frank, he was kidnapped."

I froze. "What?"

"Yeah, well basically. His mom found out about Aimee and the baby and freaked out. She locked him in a room since he told her and abused him."

A smirk played on my lips.

He hit me hard on the arm. "It's not funny!" He scolded.

I snorted. "Oh please, he told you that?"

Bob quietly opened the door to her room. "Look at them. You can honestly say he was lying?"

Gerard, Mikey and Ray had gone to the cafeteria for 'coffees'. In reality, it meant they just needed an excuse to escape the tension.
Aimee was sitting up in the bed, watching Sean intently. He sat in the seat, holding her hand safely in both of his. His head was bent and he shook it sadly, his mouth moving in time. She just smiled at him, using all her strength to lift her arm and wipe away the remaining tears left on his face.

I turned back to Bob.

"You see?"

I nodded, expressionless.

"Let's go back in."

Sean instantly jumped up as I entered. Ignoring him, I stood on the other side of the bed.

"You okay? How are you feeling?" I smiled warmly.

Aimee kept her gaze on the bed. "I'm sorry, Frank." She paused. "I guess I didn't know what to do.." Shame and regret lingered in her voice.

I lifted her head up. "Honey, it's fine. I'm just glad you're okay."

She blinked. "What about the baby..?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Update. Eventually.

I'll try and update tomorrow if I can.

Comments please. :)