Living a love life all your life isn't always lovely

Welcome to hall of fame

I don't ask for this. I really don't need it either.

But I have it.

It's impossible to ignore, and even harder to be enthusiastic about.

School.

It's pretty much your standard high school, except I'm in it. And I'm one of those people that carry something new everywhere I go. For example....

"Hey Rayne. Are you going to sign up for homecoming commity?" Kathryn meant to be nice, I know she did.

"Sure Kat, just point to the sign up sheet." She gave me a clipboard with a piece of paper on it. There were four names. I raised an eye brow at her. She laughed nervously.

"Yeah...I know. It's horrible. But with you I think we'll gain more." I hope the whole school doesn't sign up. I nodded. Jack laughed.

"Wow, is the homecoming queen even allowed to be on the commity? There's gotta be a rule against that." I glared at her.

"Very funny. Can we just...pretend I'm normal? For a second?" She put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ask somebody who cares about fantasy." That's my little JackJack, the downer of everything. I get no sympathy.

"I appreciate your effort." She rolled her eyes. I opened my locker. A little piece of paper came flying out. I picked it up.

Will you go with me to homecoming?
~Efran

I groaned. Jack read the note and snorted.

"Wow...so question: is your dress supposed to his tie, or his glasses?" I ignored her.

"Will you shut up already!" She bit her lip.

"Sorry I'm a bit cranky."

"Obviously." Her eyes lit up.

"Oh hey! Craig called. He said he's coming home for homecoming weekend. I thought I'd let you know." Craig is my ex-boyfriend. One of the only guys that I actually liked back, but of course I ended it cause he lives states away for university.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"Oh be nice. You know how hung up he is on you."

"He's your brother, talk some sense into him!" The bell rang.

"Fine, go with Efran." I looked down at my feet. Craig and her were really close.

"I'm sorry Jack." She shook her head.

"Gotta get to class, see you after your homecoming commitee!" I stuck my tongue out at her back and retreated to class.

Walking through the halls, I saw numerous guys. I sighed.

Will things ever be different?
♠ ♠ ♠
i hate writer's block :((((

3lly