Status: Finished

A Soothing Sound for Sleeping All Night Long

I never dreamed this how we'd be

“Hey, I’m Caleb Turman.”
“Hey, I’m Erin Noell.”

That was how most nights started, A different show. A different band. A different guy.

Tonight was the great Caleb Turman. Drinks were downed in catastrophic amounts, clothes were shed, and in the morning a ’bye’ was whispered before I disappeared into the dawning of the cool, Venice sun.

“Doing the walk of shame again, I see.” Someone said from behind me. The voice was all too familiar.

“Walk of fame, darlin.” I said turning and meeting his dark brown eyes.
“You’d know a little bit about it if I remember correctly.”

“Who was it this time?”

“Caleb Turman. Why does it matter to you anyway, Gaskarth? We both know this routine by heart. Home, shower, sleep, repeat.” I said turning away from him and continued on my walk home. His voice stopped me.

“I’m sorry we ever got together. It’s a shame really. You were such a nice girl and now you’re this.” He said motioning to me. My clothes were wrinkled, hair was a mess, and my makeup was smeared. It truly was the walk of fame.

“I didn’t need you to make a scandal. I live in California. We are the scandal.” I said twirling on the boardwalk, the sand grinding beneath my shoes. He laughed quietly.

“If anything that ever happened between us sticks let it be this; Stay safe. This isn’t the world for a girl like you. So much potential. Don’t waste that on guys like me. Don’t change you are just who you are. Read the boards honey. You’re a groupie. It’s not love. It’s sex. Pure, meaningless sex.” Coming from Alexander William Gaskarth that was a lot.

“Alex, it’s sweet that you care. Really, it is. I’ve got to live through my own experiences. If that means jealous girls gossiping about me on a board then that’s fine with me. Good luck. You’re gonna go far honey. Lisa’s a lucky girl.” He smiled and motioned for me to give him a hug. There couldn’t have been a better ending to my night. I quickly pulled away and waved bye before continuing the trek to my apartment.

L-O-V-E[/b[

Four simple letters. The meaning was anything but. I’d never had that. Was this my way of finding it? No. It was a great substitute. My morals were a little off key but they got me through the day. Honestly, I was afraid to fall in love. The amount of opening up and allowing someone to actually know what makes you happy, sad, angry. What made you well you.

The dark apartment I had just entered reminded me of how lonely I truly was. That’s what a blast from the past like Alex will do. I dropped my stuff onto the couch and pulled out the slick Iphone. The small calendar at the bottom read Racing Kites. Band of the night.

Hey pocket sized lead singer see you later tall, tan, redhead.

Caleb was just a thing of the past by the time I walked through the orange door of the bar later on that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Erin this is for you! It's only a couple chapters. Comment? Subscribe? Anything?

title cred- The Friday Night Boys