Status: Finished

A Soothing Sound for Sleeping All Night Long

The tourist and townies find unlikely love

The events of the night before were still reeling through my mind. Not even alcohol and a random no name guy was enough to rid my senses of the memory of Dave Chapman.

“Hey, where is your mind today?” I looked into the eyes of my best friend.

“Here. On our conversation. I think you should wear the purple dress. It’s pretty.” I said fingering the clothes that hung neatly in her closet.

“Is your mind really that distant? We made that descion over half an hour ago, doll. What happened last night?”

“I met a douche.”

“He was obvs a cute douche if he got you this distracted. Do tell.” I shrugged and sat down on her bed.

“Imagine Alex Gaskarth only cuter with slimmer features and you have this guy.”

“Déjà vu?”

“Very much so. It’s awful. He pissed me off so I walked out of the venue and ended up on the beach, he followed, we talked…..he let me talk. I got to talk to a guy like I was someone and not just that chick I’m sleeping later. It was different.”

“And you liked it?”

“I loved it.” I muttered.

“Did you get his number?” I shook my head and leaned back on the array of pillows that decorated her bed.

“I ruined it.”

“If he’s anything like Alex, he’ll forgive you. Where is he now?”

“I guess Jersey. That’s where the band comes from.”

“My parents live in Jersey.”

“And?”

“We could go down there, find a show, and then get you hooked up with this Dave guy. You need to get out of Venice anyway.”

“I’m not chasing after this guy!”

“Yes, you are.”

“No! He was cute and everything but I’m not desperate!”

“So, who’s the planned guy tonight?”

“Slade Evcherria from Anarbor.” I said without thought.

“Not desperate. Just repetitive. Life must get boring.”

“It does. I’ll think about it, okay?” She nodded.

“Be safe tonight, okay? I know its just a club but sometimes I worry.” I smiled and hugged her.

“Bye. I’ll call later.” She nodded and closed her door behind me.
>> Show.

“Slade! Put me down!” I whined.

“Awh. No fun.” He said. I ran my fingers through his choppy brunette locks.

“Please?” He sighed and sat me down. His hands clutching onto my waist.

“Only for a kiss.” I smiled and leaned up on my tippy toes, pressing my lips against his. When I woke up the next morning alone and hung over I knew it was time to stop; time to change. A mid morning flight to Delaware and a local show the following day was my calling. Everything was going to be different this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title cred- Hit The Lights
Image
Lolz. Album in 11 days! Whoop Whoop.
Comment? Subscribe?