Smile

The Royal Life

Amelia Delaney sat poised, keeping her expression blank. Currently she was at another charity ball, one that her mother, Queen of Sybillia, arranged. It was a normal routine for her. Help her mother plan charity balls, functions and other social events 'til her head spins. Then, she would quietly attend these events, sitting like the perfect princess.

It was such a shame that the press couldn't even begin to grasp the hours she put in to helping her mother, how hard she worked and yet they stil portrayed her as the Ice Princess. Her turning down every suitor that came her way and never having a boyfriend in years never meant she had no heart. The guys she came across only wanted position and money, there was no way she could handle so much drama.

Amelia had to admit, at first when she read in a magazine about her being cold, it hurt so much. But, she had years to overcome that, and well, it was safe to say that she gave the press what they wanted. Whether she was sighted on the beautiful island of Sybilia, or in France or any other European countries, she masked her hurt, her pain, her wearyiness, only leaving a small, polite smile.

Her light blue gown swished as she got up and made her way to her sister-in-law, Casey.

"Hey honey," Casey said, her drawl evident. Casey was from Texas. She met Amelia's brother Andrew, the oldest of her siblings as well as the future king of Sybilia, at the opening of a children's hospital in Texas. Casey, was a nurse, headstrong and treated Andrew with no respect whatsoever.

"Hey," Amelia said with a small smile, "Why am I not surprised that 'the king' isn't here."

Casey snorted, "Hah, Andy is so using the 'future king' thing as an excuse. As much as he loves giving away his money, there's no way he be seen attending these things when his darling wife could do it for him."

Amelia remembered thinking of how refreshing it was that there was someone who could put Andrew in his place. And put him in his place she did! Within a few months, Andrew and Casey was engaged, both happily in love.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the same way for Amelia's older sister, Anette. Anette fell for a duke. Unfortunately, he was just a douche. He made Amelia's love struck sister pregnant, and then up and left after stealing most of her money. This was, however, years ago when Amelia was but a teen. Anette kept the child, having it to be the most amazing little boy ever.

"Oh my my! Well, look how beautiful you two ladies look!" exclaimed an elderly woman's voice. Amelia turned around, and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Lady Margaret Devereaux is an elderly woman, and just so happened to be the world's most notorious gossip.

"Lady Margaret! How lovely it is to see you," Casey said warmly. Amelia didn't think Casey had a mean bone in her body.

"Yes, it is," Amelia said.

"Oh Amelia dear, I'm glad to see you're taking the bethrithed thing well."

"I beg your pardon Lady?"

"You know, I can't believe your whole family kept this such a secret. Deary, I know you've been bethrothed since you were a wee toddler, there's no need to act like that."

Amelia was outraged, but as a princess, she kept her cool and pretended she knew what the hell the old bat was talking about. She would have to talk to her mother when she arrived back to the palace.

"Infact, almost everyone knows it, being displayed in every media possible," Lady Margaret said with a laugh. Amelia blinked, her small smile forming on her face.

"Oh, alright. Well, if will please excuse me Lady and Casey, it seems I have to leave."

Without bothering about etiquette and such, Amelia quietly left the room, making her way to her limosine.

As soon as the warm air hit Amelia's exposed back, the paparazzi immediately surrounded her.

"Princess! Princess!"

"How do you feel about your future husband?"

"Princess, over here!"

"Princess!"

"Princess!"

The paparazzi's shouting for her attention made her feel to faint. Feeling clustered, she pushed her way through, her polite small seemingly permanent on her face. If there was one thing Amelia learned, was when she was exposed to the media and their hungery dogs, always keep her smile on and her face expressionless.

Gracefully, she entered the vehicle. She looked to her driver, "Thomas, please take me home. I need to have a nice chat with mother."

Thomas chuckled, "Princess, whatever you're going to say to your mother I know for a fact that the tone would not at all be nice."

Amelia smiled, "How true."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I would really appreciate some feedback :) Thanks.

Also, A7XLover and IdiotDorkGeek, thanks guys for telling me what you both thought of this story.