An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

don't fight, cause this is what you need...

The world outside changed from urban suburbian to vibrant city lights and back to dark dank deserts, sand rolled endless at every direction and life was scarcely seen in any form. I had no idea where Ethan was planning to drive, where he planned to stop or if the outcome would find me unconscious and burried alive in the dry earth; yet I didn't panic. For some strange reason the silence from the passenger seat and the unknowing future moments ahead calmed every nerve in my entire system.

"You know none of this is your fault." His voice burned slowly from my left and I did nothing but lazily nod my head; I didn't believe him and I knew he could tell. "I'm serious. Your father he-"

"Just hates me for not going after him?" I scoffed lightly and lulled my head to stare up at him.

"He doesn't hate you Amelia."

"No?" I raised and eye brow and kept my focus on his profile, "You didn't see the look in his eyes." I moved my head once more to peer out the tinited black window and watched the scenery fly by.

I didn't concentrate on where the sleak black car was speeding towards, I didn't focus on the way the roads bent and swayed in the dry brown dirt. It was only as I felt the car slow and the wheels mount a shallow driveway that my attention peaked and confusion set in.

The small tin and timber building lay on a permanent lean, glass windows sat shattered inside termite-eaten frames and the front door sat gaping wide and open in the cooling breeze. I moved slightly in my seat but made no attempt to step outside my curiosity only growing as Ethan stepped from within the car and hastely waltzed his way inside only to return minutes later completely alone with a manilla folder in one hand a bright yellow packae envelope in the other. He said nothing as he slid back inside and pressed his foot casually down upon the accelerator one more.

"It's just business." His voice spoke calmly through the air noticing my constant curious gazes at the files resting over his lap. I merely nodded in response and moved my gaze once again out the window. "He was most likely just stressed." It almost amazed me how Ethan had managed to pick up on my silent debates where my father was involved.

I opened my mouth to retaliate but quickly closed it and allowed a breezey sigh through my lips. No matter what I said, no matter how hard I tried to explain I was more than sure Ethan wouldn't understand. He wouldn't understand that no matter what he said the look in my father's eyes and the tone of his words was enough to make me think otherwise. Never in my entire nineteen-year life had my father's eyes held a look of pure black when they were directed at me, I'd seen the glint of hatred spilled inside his iris on more than one occassion but it was never aimed at me. Never in the years I'd spent with him had his words ever held a tone so nasty and heart breaking as they did at the Radev mansion and it had my entire world falling around my ankles.

I felt the pull of Ethan's fingers lacing with mine, their tender grasp and reassuring s queeze ripping me from my thoughts and it wasn't until now that I realised the build up of salty tears in the corners of my eyes. Blinking with incredible speed I shyed away from his sideways glances, I didn't understand where Ethan's sudden compassion had crept up from.

"He-"

"It's fine." I cut him off quickly and turned my head back to his direction, I didn't care about the loose tears building up and let a crooked smile spread over my lips. "You don't have to say anything, you don't need to pretend, I'm..... fine."

Ethan said nothing more, he didn't make attempts to persuade me to believe my father wasn't disappointed in my handling of events, that he was't hurt I hadn't rushed back to save him. Instead he let the gentle still of silence wash over the car's interior and let his fingers lace with my own in a comforting style as the tyres sped smoothly through the inner city roads and changed gears along residential passages before his foot ceased movement and came together with the brake, pausing back before the white wash mansion of his family.

Inside, I felt the chill of an eerie sensation. Tension rose and clung to every inch of oxygen and my instincts told me something terrible was fast approaching. Ethan's rigid frame beside me told confirmed I wasn't far from the truth and I knew at that point I wasn't the only one who could feel the tender atmosphere. My small feet dragged along the carpeted stairs and tip-toed down the long hallway, I retraced my previous steps and landed safely inside what I suppsoed was now my bedroom.

I didn't want to make the effort of finding my father, I didn't want to stand before his hate filled gaze and let his words burn holes straight through me. Instead I secluded myself from all others. Ethan had walked directly toward his father's office with his files firmly in hand, leaving me alone in the great big foyer. I knew very well that I had the option of following him, I knew my father would be where ever he was heading, but I didn't wuite feel up to the idea of facing him at that exact moment.

Falling down across the heavily plush bed I lt my mind wander for the millionth time that day. My thoughts raced from my father's devilled stares to the calm and nurturing affection of Ethan. It made my head spin how quickly things had managed to change in the mere few weeks of my engagement. I burned with desire for things to only improve.

The heavy white door burst open and I remianed staring up at the ceiling while Ethan bustled around. I ignored his senseless muttering until a heavy weight fell to my side, I lifted my head slightly from the thick white comforter and lifted myself entirely at the sight of a small suitcase, opened and filling quickly with Ethan's clothes.

"Are you going somehere?" I shifted forward so my legs were dangling from the edge and watched him waltzed back and forth around the bedroom carelessly throwing items and objects inside the material bag.

"Your father's urging that we go out tonight." He didn't need to say anymore for me to comprehend exactly what he meant. My father was organising a job, a hit, a plan of incredible revenge on the men who shot my best friend and who dragged my father from his home in the middle of the night.

"What!?" Panic rose through my veins and I watched wide eyed as Ethan took no notice of my sudden outburst. "Tell me you aren't going through with it?"

"Amelia..."

"This is ridiculous!" I stood from the pillow-top mattress and followed him slightly into the bathroom, leaning my frame against the door way. "You need to tell him no. This is just a death wish!"

"Amelia." His voice raised slightly as he stepped past me back inside the main bedroom. "This is your father we're talking about. There's nothing I can do, If I even try as much as to stand up to him..-"

"Fine." I cut him off clearly understanding where his statement was headed. "You might not be able to say something, but I can."

Ethan's hand clasped around my forearm as I spun toward the door with every intention of hunting down my father and refusing his idiotic plans of revenge.

"Amelia, let it go. You can't stand up to him, he has the power in this situation. Not even my father can turn him down. He either goes with us to look out for him or he goes alone. He's mind's made up, this is his decision."

I felt tears spring instantly to my eyes. Ethan was perfectly right. My father was set on revenge, his body burned for in and his heart lusted for the bloodshed to avenge his murdered pride. It didn't matter whether or not the Radev family chose to join him in this battle, no matter what he would go, whether it was alone or with and entire army. At that exact moment numbers didn't matter to him. Only luckily enough for my father my future in-laws were readily waiting to stand behind him when the world turned dark and black.

My legs buckled and I felt myself fall the short distance to again across the bed spread, tears built up and blurred my vision; a mix of adreneline and panic rising inside my chest with every breath. Ethan's lung emitted a long and tired sigh as his hand ran dryly across his face and I felt his arm wrapped simply over my shoulder, bringing my slightly hiccuping form to his side in yet another suprising compromise of compassion.

"Everything will be fine."

"How do you know that?" I heard my voice break on its own accord and mentally shunned myself.

Ethan simply shrugged in reply, his body moved away from mine and I heard the shifting sound of a drawer opening and closing before his weight was once again at my side.

"Here." His voice was a low murmur as he passed the small box across to me, his fingers pryed it's top open and revealed the thin silver band containing a single platinum princess cut diamond. I felt my lips pull into a weak smile and allowed him to slid the ring across my left finger. "Everything will be fine."

I nodded slowly while the tears still piled up along my eyelids. Ethan stood and moved before me while he bent gently down to place a kiss upon my forehead, his hand pulling at the handle of the small suitcase. "I'll be back by the time you wake up tomorrow." His lips tugged into a lazy smile and in a swift second he had disappeared behind the wooden door frame.

For a moment I sat in pure amazement. Within a matter of hours I had earned the hatred of my father and the affection of my finacee. I had fled for my life and been rescued, saved and held safely by the one boy I had never expected before. And now suddenly I was fretting for the life of my soon-to-be family and the carelessness of my father, my entire body raced. My head screamed and flew at the thought of losing yet another figure of my life though my heart raced at the realisation; I finally had my dimaond.
♠ ♠ ♠
take a deep breath
throw it all away...


Urgh!
So this story got reported for not being in the right catagory and the grammatical errors.
sorry to everybody that it apparently annoyed, but i don't actually use an editing system of any kind. Any further issues feel free to message them along... this reporting business is such a hassle haaa

hope you like it
be prepared for a shocker in the next chapter
=]
xxx

chapter title & song credit: The Maine- Shake It