An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

cruel world...

Torn.
Divided.
Split between two sides; My father's and the Radev's.
Both had hand guns raised in the faces of the other across the lavish dining hall and neither were out numbered as Mason's heaving body slid slowly to the side of my father.

"Now now Antonio," My father's eyes tured wild. "Let no be rash in the decision we make-"

"Amelia, go." Ethan's eyes were suddenly on me, his arm still raised in the direction of my only family but I didn't move, I couldn't. "Amelia!" I jumped at the sudden sound filling the air and suddenly Ethan was at my side. "Go, down the hall to the last door on the left." He muttered under his breath as if it were a secret.

"What's wrong Ethaniel?" The wicked grin appeared on my father's features, "Do you not want to have her watch you kill her father?" My eyes bulged at the thought.

"Now who is being rash George," Antonio gripped his hand gun a little tighter, "Nobody is going to die here tonight."

My father's smile only grew and Mason's icy laugh lifted and rose through the air and made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. My blood ran cold as a loud crashing sound echoed down the quiet hallways, my father's amusement only spreading across his strange features.

"Right on time." He turned his head slowly to look and Mason, their expression mirroring each other.

"Amelia," Ethan pushed me backward just slightly, for a second and dropped the barrel of his gun from staring down my father to his side, his eyes pleading, his voice just above a whisper, "run."

I sucked in a nervous breath and automatically back stepped toward the doorway, my heart beating too rapidly for me to comprehend what was happening. Mason saw my sudden movement and his sly smile grew as he took a multitude of steps in my direction. Though he ceased all movement when Ethan's gun was raised faster than anything I'd even seen and the loading click echoed around the room.

"Amelia go!" Antonio spoke up and his voice was final as I sprinted down the hallway, my eyes scanning for the last of the doors on the left, it was a small room with a secret passageway in the very back. An alternate escape plan for when under-world antics turned too far and invasions were had. The escape door would be disguised as a simple panel in the wall, much like those in the lavish castles of Louis XVI in the French revolution. However I never made it to the last room on the left, I didn't even come close.

Benjamin Draver, one of my father's most illusive and most trusted men stepped swiftly from a doorway and grasp me in one arm around the waist as I sprinted by, the motion taking me completely off guard and an ear piercing scream lifting from my chest. A hand clamped tightly down over my mouth and I kicked strongly against Benjamin's body behind me as he dragged me down toward the back door-way of the Radev mannor.

The air outside burned with a fresh, crisp cool as my knees scrapped along loose stones the second I was discarded and dropped to the floor. I would have at this point run, screaming for help along the green grasses, I would have escaped from the sadistic smiles. Yet the sound of gunfire frigtened me beyond belief and I suddenly realised that more of my father's men waited outside. They laughed as Benjamin threw me against the ground and chorused when the back of his hand connected with my face dropping me to the floor the second I attempted to stand.

Benjamin smiled down at me, his thumb flicking a cigarette lighter and breathing in the poisonous toxins of a Marlborough. He leaned casually against the side of the house, breathing in nicotine and watching me with every ounce of energy he had. Gently I touched the corner of my lip to see the flourish of red. His lip curled in a glance that chilled my blood as he shuffled closer his arm raised before an explosion of pain burst through my skull and the world turned to a bleak and fuzzy black.

"Put her in the back of the car." A familiar voice split through the cold night air and I was mildly aware of being weightless, before cool leather smoothed over my body.

I groaned through the groggy feeling swelling inside my head, consciousness too hard to grasp as a cool comforting hand rested against my forehead, my sensible mind lulling with the eclipsing pain searing over my brain.

"It's alright," The familiar voice spoke softly, their hand never moving, "I'm here little sister."
♠ ♠ ♠
You can't hide from the cruel world
There just is no place to run


i'm excited to see the reaction...
i need to start organising the wedding...
life is hectic
and i got my results today!! university here we comeee!!!
=]

thanks for all your love
you are the best.

chapter title & song credit: Ben Harper- Welcome To The Cruel World