An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

remember me...

Darkness dwelled in the corner of my eyes, it blurred my vision and crept confusion through my spinning brain cells. A swell of severe pain burst the second my eyes attempted to flutter open and a soft whimper escaped my dryng lips.

"You're awake..." A familiar voice hung with an eerie ring through the icy air, and I was suddenly aware of the feeling of being propt againt a wooden chair as my head lulled lazily in a groggy state.

Slowly my eyes opened enough to take in the dark surroundings, a small bare room with cement walls kept the temperature well below comfortably cool, a set of weak wooden stairs the only means of an exit, a small square window high upon the wall rested lonely just underneath the ceiling and a tall dark figure leaning casually against an appearingly damp wall, their face kept beyond the shadows until they moved with slow efforts to stand before the small dank chair beneath me.

Mason's eyes glistened in the shallow light, his untidy figure pouring with an obnoxious persona, arrogance invading every cell and suffocating the small room.

"Wh-wh-" I struggled to form a elaborate sentence.

"What happend? Where am I? Why me?" Mason's voice lifted to a high pitched whine as he mimicked and mocked my helpless situation, a cold harsh laugh resounding when he'd finished.

"What are you doing Mason?" My head felt heavy and my eyes struggled to stay open.

"Exactly what your father ordered."

"My father?" I pushed myself further up into the chair, my wrists bound together in my lap, my ankles tied to legs of the chair, I was helplessly captive.

Mason's chilling laugh lifted from his lungs slowly,"You're just a ridiculous piece of the plan Amelia." His body shifted closer.

"What plan?" Desperate confusion filled my voice as total consciousness fell in my grasp.

"You're kidding?" his brow lifted in question before he shook his head in amusement, "Have you not noticed anything at all? The struggles of power? The attacks? The arrangements? They were all George's idea and they worked out brilliantly."

"My father wouldn't do this."

"No, maybe yours wouldn't" He pondered over something for a moment, "But mine would." He watched for a moment, almost admiring the confused glances I shot toward him. "Don't be so clueless little sister."

My eyes grew unsure if what I had heard Mason claim was what he had actually said.

"I didn't think you'd remember..." Mason seem detached, distant as if remembering something, "I was six when they killed her.. our mother I mean. George sent me away into hiding and barely ten years later they realised my sister was still alive and he brought her back to Vegas... sound familiar Amelia?"

Instantly I froze, at four my mother had been killed, my father had forced me into hiding for my own safety until the Moretti families discovered I was alive ten years later and my father had me brought back to Vegas, it was on my return that my marriage was planned and arranged, I was barely fifteen.

"They forgot there was a son... a lot like you did," The look in Mason's eyes made my blood run cold as he moved closer to the small wooden seat I was bound to. "They didn't come looking and thinking I was safe George never came looking for me, he didn't ask me to come home, just you. I read about your engagement to that Radev scum and I knew that George had lost it, he was too deep and drowning, he'd forgotten the aim and I came back to remind him."

Mason's eyes glazed over with pure madness and it had fear building and growing in ever cell of my body. "To remind him what?"

"What it feels like to get revenge." His lips curled in a sadistic smile and he paused for a moment, his vision burning into my own. "Everything that's happend in the past few months was part of the plan. The shooting of David Carmicle was just the first step... it wasn't the Moretti family... I shot him, I pulled the trigger at your little engagement party and instantly George recognised me, together we blamed it on Frank Moretti's men. You're stupid fiance and his family went to talk business with them and what happend? They invaded George's office."

My mind grew numb as memories filled every space, recollection of the death of one of my father's men, the invasion of his spacious office as I sat stunned and shaking locked away inside his over-sized panic room and the media coverage that followed the chaos for days.

"Penelope Jakowski was my idea too, but it wasn't as it seemed. I didn't intend to find my way into the Jakowsi business to take them down. Much rather I wanted Ethan to fall in love with her and I wanted her to destroy him. Jakowski knew all about it and we both saw it as a way to finally take down the Radev name one by one."

"You ordered James' murder..." It wasn't a question, it was a realisation and it made me sick.

"George organised a quick revenge and I saw it as an opportunity for Jakowski to take down Antonio and his idiot sons, but my plan backfired when your stupid excuse for a fiance tried to shoot Penelope... But once Jakowski realised the possibilities he re-joined our master plan, we would take down Radev and every associate of his and the Samuels and Jakowksi names would combine and together would destroy the Moretti, we can finally have the revenge for our mother..."

I breathed back a small sob that tried to escape my burning chest and sniffed back the tears that threatened to fall from my red eyes as Mason's cold, chilling hands clasp against my chin forcing me to stare him straight in the eyes.

"Don't cry little sister, I'm home for good.. and now with the Radev's out of the way we can finally be a proper family again."

I snatched my face from his grasp as tears leaked from my swelling eye lids, "You're insane. My father would never kill Antonio or commit him to murder, the Radev's are his most trusted friends..."

"So naive," His fingertip grazed against my soggy cheek, "He already has."

A sob resounded against the cement walls as something burned inside my chest cavity. Mason's eyes were wild with insanity, his face pouring with murderous plots and revenge, his entire body revelling in his burning rage and desire for revenge and it had fear pressing against my bones. However, something else lingered in my mind and echoed through my ears, it cut the air to my lungs and poured adreneline through my veins to the point where silent sobs fell from my chest and tears spilled from tired tear ducts.

Ethan Radev was dead; and it shattered my pounding heart beat into a million and one pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
I stand here face to face
With someone that I used to know
He used to look at me and laugh


So twenty comments kind of got me thinking that you, the readers, the subscribers, the ones who constantly tell me what you're thinking are absolutely remarkable. Without you I know I nevr would have gotten as far as this chapter, and I only pray you don't kill me for what you've just read.

I'd like to take this chance though to wish every last one of you a very, very
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
=]

I hope you're festivities are absolutely amazing
-a
xxx

can you believe I'm still waiting on editors to clarify that mishap I had with being reported...
annoying.

chapter title & song credit: Hoobastank- Rember Me