An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

dramamine...

"You didn't think you could out-run us did you?" His voice was pure evil against the dark walls of the small, isolated room.

"You should have known we wouldn't let you go so easily." Mason let a cold, spine chilling laugh roll from his lungs and bound around the shallow walls. His eyes were dark and pooled with nasty thoughts. I whimpered as his fingers laced with my chin, forcing me to stare up at his vindictive expression. "family stays together Amelia."

I said nothing, my nerve had completely disappeared and fear embedded itself into every square millimetre of my being.

"Unfortunately for you," Mason let my face go and stood straight and tall before me, his eyes no longer filling my own but staring off in thought, his mouth twisted in amusement. "famly doesn't seem to have the same meaning. We tried Amelia, we tried to bring you to our side, we tried to show you the right way, we tried to tell you that with us nothing could ever touch you. But you just don't listen..."

"This." My father stepped forward, his face dark and filled with saddness. "was never meant to happen, but you leave us no choice. I'm sorry Amelia." His hand trembled slightly as he pulled it from the inside of his suit, a loaded barrell stared directly toward me, total helplessness filled every nerve and I felt the bubble of panic filling rise before a defeaning sound errupted and pure black over came everything.


Air pulled from my lungs and I tried desperately to intake enough oxygen to fuel my screaming brain but no matter how hard I tried it was no use, a searing pain filled my chest and I sat completely up right upon the pillow mattress, tears poured from my eyes and I could feel my entire body shaking. Perfectly aware that I had been dreaming I felt the panic rise even more as I breathed deeper and glanced around the black room. Shadows cast themselves across walls and tangled along wallpaper in looming shapes and sizes, foundations creeked and groaned under the weight of the entire house along with the pure emptiness that suffocated me from where Ethan should have been and it made fear invade every part of my soul.

"Ethan?" My voice was weak and broken and panic rose in every sound.

Silence was my reply.

I fumbled with the heavy comforter that had been pushed and layer around my trembling body and instantly the harsh chill bathed around my bare skin, goosbumps rose along my arms and legs and my bare feet connected to the icy cold floorboards beneath the bed. oxygen abandoned my lungs and I flinched as the closed door was violently ripped open.

"Amelia?" Ethan stopped when his eyes landed on my trembling, recoiled figure across the room and I was more than sure I appeared completely pathetic. Tear-stained face and shaking limbs merely at the opening of a doorway, fear filling the atmosphere around the bedroom; a complete and direct result to the torment I suffered at the hostage situation my father, brother and their men had forced upon me.

Ethan didn't disregarded my apparent phobia and quickly crossed the room, concern scripted across every facial feature, his arms wrapping and securing me to his chest. For a brief moment I let the weight of all thay had happened dissolve between us. Though reality returned much faster than I anticipated as my eyes lay across a small, discreet bag by the doorway, an envelope situated perfectly upon it's top.

My voice didn't carry quick enough to quizz Ethan as he pulled away from my still shaking body and vanished inside the adjacent bathroom, the fawcett running and the smell of steamy water rushing. Quietly I sat on the edge of the plush bed, my back aimed toward the doorway of the bathroom, my eyes crawling along the floor to where Ethan's phone lay abandoned and alone. In a wave of movements I was vaguey unaware of I clasped the small phone between my hands and pressed along the buttons until a name appeared over the contact lists, a name I now would never dare to dial, a name which held fear, heart break and hatred, a name which once belonged to my family.

George Samuels

I rested my thumb along the screen, barely gracing the digital letters of my father's name. My mind so caught up in thoughts surrounding what exactly happend to make him so filled with hatred I had failed to hear Ethan step from the bathroom and round upon the bed, his tall standing body high above my own, his eyes cast upon the phone screen.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped at his sudden presence and quickly pressed the exit button. "N-nothing..." I stammered and tumbled over my words, my face instantly feeling hot and flushed.

His eyes watched me warily and I knew he had concluded already in his mind that I was attempting to call my father, that sometime between the moment he rescued me to the moment when I awoke alone I had turned and become a traitor just like my paternal influence. Ethan ignored me and instead lifted the small bag from the floor, placing it upon the bed and shuffling the envelope within his hand.

"Are.." I paused to muster my courage, "Are you going somewhere?" Inwardly I feared the answer.

Ethan looked over at me, his expression completely unreadable, his palm extended and I knew it was a gesture to pass the phone along to him. I did so slowly and he quickly snatched it from my grasp, he didn't confirm my question until he was sure the phone was well out of my reached and my father's phone number erased from its memory. "I've heard from them."

I didn't need an explanation to know that by "them", he was referring to his parents and my heart swelled in pure exhilliration. "Are-are they alright? safe? where are they?" My eyes brightened and a smile formed across my lips.

"They're fine. They've been staying with my Father's family..." Ethan paused and I felt a pang of hurt when I realised he was debating wether or not I was trustworthy with his newly forged information. "My mother sent us plane tickets for today, we leave in a few hours."

I checked the time upon a far wall and nodded slowly when it read 4.45am, my heart rising in hope, my mouth blabbering before I could think. "Where?"

Again he hesitated and I felt guilty for the broken trust. However, the guilt quickly subsided only to be replaced with shock and suprise of the one destination I had expected the least. "Italy."
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at your face like you're killed in a dream
And you think you've figured out everything
I think I know my geography pretty damn well


so, this really is coming to an end..
it's intense.
just to ruin somethings for you lovely lovely dears
and keep you reading
a lot and i mean a lot of shit goes down in Italy.

there's love.
there's a wedding.
and there's a death.
mixed all together along with something that upsets everything
and could potentially ruin everything between ethan and amelia.

chapter title & song credits: Modest Mouse- Dramamine