An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

this is the future...

Darkness engulfed the silence of the large house as I tiptoed back along the hallways. Fallen tears made my cheeks soggy and Louis remained outside, his eyes stretching over the horizon, his mind swimming with the endless possibilities that came with my answer to his proposal. My body shook in a panicked frenzy and my stomach fluttered with nerves. At this moment, I had to tell Ethan and it scared me more than anything.

The bedroom door held a new height and weight, as if my small hands weren't enough to push it open. Though once the hinges gave way the room inside seemed incredibly small. Ethan's slouched body once again sitting upon the edge of the bed, his head hung low and back turned to me.

His face lifted slightly to see who had entered the room and once realising it was only me, he returned to studying the thread count of the pale carpets. I swollowed the lump inside my throat and wiped generously at the tears leaking down my face, slowly I walked to the opposite side of the bed and lowered myself down. My back facing Ethan's.

Silence over took the both of us and I wrung my hands together, my breathing came uneven and the nervous bubbled didn't die down, it only grew as Ethan's voice sliced through the tense air.

"Did he ask you?"

I gulped and inwardly fought the possibilities, did Ethan already know or was he meaning something completely different.

"Who?" I could picture him rolling his eyes and sighing in frustration and for that I was thankful our backs were still turned upon eachother.

"Louis, did he ask you... Did he ask you to marry him?"

I closed my eyes in defeat.

"Yes." I took a deep breath and opened my eyes slowly, staring harshly at the wall before me. "He asked me..."

Silence overtook us once more and I debated on who was suppose to make the next move of the conversation, was I suppose to immediately tell him the answer I had given and hope he took it the best way possibly? Or was I meant to wait for him to ask?

"Did you say yes?" His voice was soft and immediately I wish he hadn't asked.

I debated whether or not to simply tell him, utterly unsure of how he would react to my answer. Potentially I held the rest of his life in the palm of my hand. In one word I had decided whether or not he would be tied down in a marriage he may have very well not wanted to be a part of, in one word I had summed up how his life panned out from this very second onward and I only hoped it was a decision he didn't hold against me.

Deeply I took a breath and let the rattled oxygen fall from my lungs, something about the way Ethan spoke made me nervous as if the answer I would give him wasn't the one he wanted to hear. What happend if it wasn't the answer he had been wanting to hear? Would he outright refuse and demand I change my mind, go back to Louis and beg him to let me change my answer?

"N-no." I stammered at first and felt my heart race inside my chest as if the bones would cave in at any second. "I told him no."

I hadn't know what else to say. I wasn't in love with either man but my feelings for Ethan had repeatitively grown and flourished, my heart raced with excitement whenever he entered a room and I swooned whenever he made any form of contact. Louis felt as if he were just a life long friend who helped me through unimaginable situations and I prayed my refusal of his proposal did nothing to destroy the friendship we had achieved.

"Did." I paused unsure if I wanted to hear the answer to my own question. "Did you want me to say yes?"

Ethan said nothing and I refused to turn around, instead keeping my back to him, even when I heard the shifting of material and realised he had stood up from the opposite side of the bed and paced a few steps in the direction of what I guessed to be the doorway. I dropped my eyes to the carpet and immediately I knew I had made the wrong decision.

There was no way possible that Ethan would ever consider me marriage material and deep down I knew that, ufortunately for me it was a little too late for realisations.

"No." My head dropped to stare down at my lap and I felt a flush of warm tears fill my eyes, I never once anticipated that Ethan would be smiling down at me when I told him I denied his cousin my hand in marriage over himself. A hand underneath my chin lifted my face to stare up at him, his lips pulling back slowly to a small but generous smile, his eyes flicking between mine and a small gentle laugh rolling from his chest. "I didn't want you to say yes to Louis."

I felt my heart soar with pure delight and in a matter of seconds my heart completely exploded into a million and three individual pieces as Ethan's lips pressed against mine, his palm against my cheek kept me firmly in place, though I couldn't imagine wanting to be any other place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wake up on your own
And look around you cuz you’re not alone
Release your high hopes and they’ll survive
Cuz this is the future and you are alive


I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry
a little part of me wanted her to say yes
but i realised i kind of want them to be married and have the drama of the seque begin.

i do hope you enjoyed reading
and you'll leave me love.
speaking of love
ohhhh my lord!!!!!

you're all sooooo sooo amazing and have out done yourselves!!!
31[/b[ comments were left and it made me literally humble.
thanks my loves.

i'll have the next one soon
=]
xxxxx

chapter title & song credit: Owl City- This Is The Future