An Arranged Marriage To The Mafia...?

way too tragic...

Ethan Radev wasn't my idea of the perfect marriage candidate, his egotistical manner made my blood boil over in sheer frustration, the way he truely believed he was the desire of most girls and women, the way he thought the world was within his grasp, the way he thought himself far better than any and every other person alive.

It had been less than a week since my father publically announced our engagement, since the brutal murder of a trusted allie, since the invasion of my father's office. It had been six whole days of living in the Radev family home, of living in a lifestyle which my future apparently held for me.

I turned and twisted down the midnight black hallways, for four nights I hadn't slept quite right, I tossed and turned and dreamed about horrific circumstances. I visioned deaths and woke up in hot tears and sweaty sheets. At times I hoped the sleeping Ethan at my side would wake up to tell me it was simply a dream, that I was being ridiculous and lull me back to sleep; but who was I kidding, Ethaniel Radev and Amelia Samuels were not the types of people who meshed together well.

For four nights I had tip-toed down the hallways and found myself snuggly wrapped inside lush sweats with a bucket of cookies and cream ice-cream at the kitchen counter. The night before Antonio had found me, laughed lightly, taken the ice-cream from me and ushered me back to my now cool sheets. My legs dangled from the bar stool, my face hungrily lapping the frozen goodness my senses oblivious to anything that happend around me until the refrigerator light beamed on and the rough outline of Ethan's hunched back faced me.

"Couldn't sleep?" His voice was muffled as he searched high and low across the shelves until a fresh bottle of water was supported in is palm.

I shrugged and shook my head slolwy, spoon poised at my mouth. "Not really."

He made no movement for a second before he nodded a quick understanding and shuffled back down through the doorway and out into the hall. I scoffed under my breath. He was the man who I was suppose to marry, the one who I was betrothed to for the rest of my life and yet our civil conversations lasted three words. We were no where near ideal, we were oposites burdened by a history we once shared.

Ethan had never been anything less than a family friend, the son of my father's most trusted companion. For as long as I could remember I never reserved a specific feeling for Ethan, he was simply the boy who wound up in the wrong family on the wrong crowds, he was the boy my father was forcing me to marry.

I tried everything to get out of my pending marriage, I pleaded, cried, begged I lowered any self respect I had for myself and swore there had to be another way. My father refused, he had said it was a negotiation since my first breath and a Samules never goes back on their word. Ethan had taken a different approach, he'd threatened, thrown his weight around and shot accusation after accusation yet Antonio stood firm, he smiled and shook his head stating it was simply an opportunity not even the worse of enemies could pass up.

It was no secret that I was no where near the girl Ethan intended on spending the rest of his life with. He spent as little time with me as possible, spoke in single-word sentences and avoided being in the same room alone with me for too long. In his eyes my very existance had stolen his freedom, I had already destroyed any chance of a good time he had left.

I crept slowly, quietly back through the last doorway and shifted over the bare carpeted floors, my fingers pulled back the thick comforter and I climbed into the cool mattress. My back faced my sleeping fiancé, my eyes creeping closed to the sound of heavy breathing. This was the rest of my life, lying as far away as possible, awkwardly next to my future husband. I only hoped something would drastically change, that somehow there was a loophole in my father's idea of perfection, that there was something that could change and alter his opinion, to take me far away from this hellish situation.

The only thing I hadn't anticipated was that when that loop hole was found, would I be the one trying to pull it close?
♠ ♠ ♠
The boy that gets the girl gets to go home, where they get married
But stop the tape,
The sunset still looks fake to me


yes it's short
it's just to fill the requests i got and speed up the story a little
i feel like its dragging.
sorry it took so long a few friends and i went up the coast yuhaii!
xx

chapter title & song credit: Mayday Parade- Black Cat