I Miss the Lips That Made Me Fly

Nothing Personal.

Keith sat down in 'his chair' as we all sat in the studio. We were working on the track listing, and we all commented on the supposed leaks from strikegently that were going around. Funny that the used Brokencyde's album besides ours.

"I have to talk to you guys about something," Keith asked, looking serious suddenly.

"I swear, I was drunk and I wasn't aware that he was a guy," Jack said, sticking his hands up in defense. We all looked at him, completely shocked and disturbed.

"Jack, I wasn't talking about that. Anyways! AP Magazine wants to do a story for the Band of the Year. They're having a journalist come here, and she's going to be staying here in Maryland for a while., Keith explained.

"A chick?" Jack asked, getting excited. Zack rolled his eyes, and shot him a nasty look. He knew something we didn't. I could tell.

"She doesn't have a dick, Jack," Rian joked, causing us to laugh.

"Eat shit," Jack retorted.

"Anyways, Keith, when is she getting here?" I asked.

"The plane she's on lands sometime, could've already, and she's going to be calling me sometime tomorrow to set a date and time. I heard she's going to stay in Lutherville for a while, personal reasons, so we'll have plenty of time. Sound good with you guys?"

"Of course," Zack said quickly. His phone went off right after, and when he looked down at the screen, he grinned, and rushed out of the room.

"Yeah," Jack and Rian said at the same time. I only nodded my head.

"I wonder who that was," Jack pondered.

"Farah?" Rian asked more than told.

"No, Farah's working today, I think," I answered.

"Weird." Keith said, then changed the topic.

Delilah's POV.

I walked into the terminal, desperately hoping my baggage wasn't going to be lost. I waited two minutes at the "baggage claim" until my tumbled out with the other bags. I grabbed it, turned around, and spotted my two favorite people.

"Farah, Zack!" I yelled, causing the two to turn around. Farah squealed, than ran at me, tackling me onto the ground in a giant hug.

"Farah, come on!" Zack groaned, pulling her off of me.

"Wow, does that seem repetitive with the knocking to the ground thing?" I joked. I hugged them both, Farah for the second time, and they walked me towards Zack's car. He tossed my bags in the trunk, and we drove out towards my dad's house.

"This is nice," Farah commented, as we stepped out of the car. I nodded my head, observing the place myself. It was a simple two story brick house, black shingled roof, with a medium-sized lawn. I had a metal fence around it, and what looked like a two car garage in the back. I had helped pay, much to Carl's dismay. He was too proud to have his daughter even consider paying, so I managed to contact the house owner and pay him some money, while my father thought just the price had gone down.

"Do you want us to come in with you?" Zack asked, patting my shoulder.

"Nah, I'll be fine. But thanks, really. I'll talk to you guys later," As they left, I walked up the drive way with my two bags. I knocked on the door, and a sleepy looking woman answer.

"You must be Delilah," She greeted, shaking my free hand. "Your father is expecting you. He's shown me pictures, that's how I recognized you. Well, come on, let's get you inside," she rambled, grabbing the bag I had set at me feet, she ushered me inside. It was nice inside, but there was A LOT of moving around space.

"He's upstairs in the kitchen. I had just made dinner, so you're more than welcome to come and join if you haven't ate. I'm sure you're tired. I'll take these here bags to the guest room you'll be staying in." She took my items and ascended upstairs. I roamed around momentarily before finally finding the kitchen. Carl sat in his wheel chair at the kitchen table.

"Back to the ol' wheel chair, I see," I joked, spooking him slightly.

"Ah, it's good to see you, baby," He pulled me down into a hug once I had walked over, and I couldn't help but fell sorry for him. "Yeah, my legs have been giving out on me more lately, so the doctor said that I should go back to the old thing."

"Well, he knows best. Is that the nurse you told me about?" I said, motioning towards the kitchen door even though she wasn't there.

"Yeah, that's Fiona. She's a great help, but a bit of a talker," he laughed.

"I noticed. But since I'm here to help also, you're going to be even better. I also have to do a interview for All Time Low while they're back here in Lutherville. My boss thought it was perfect."

"Doesn't surprise me, truthfully. You're the most talented journalist on the West Coast," he commented.

"And you're biased, dad. Now, I'm going to find my room, get my things unpacked, and call my old friend Farah to see if she can help me get with the band sometime soon. She's with their bassist."

He nodded his head, and went back to eating his soup.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Two. ;D
thanks to everyone who comments, i've been really busy, so i'll try to thank you individually this go round.

opinions?