I Miss the Lips That Made Me Fly

"Miley Cyrus likes it in the butt?!"

Pulling the shiny, silver ring off my finger, I laid it back on the glass counter and shook my head ‘no.’ It fit, but it didn’t seem right. Just the style, I’m guessing. I sighed, slipping another one onto my ring finger.

A part of me wishes that it was my ring that I was trying on. Not a ring for Farah. That it was Alex who had proposed to me, not Zack planning out some amazing proposal for my best friend. Did I want to get married? Of course. Did I think Alex was emotionally ready? No.

Zack had asked me to come with him to the jeweler’s downtown where they were playing the show at today. He was going to propose to Farah – finally. Farah and I wore the same ring size and both liked the same things, so it was convenient enough for me to come with him. The two of us had gone through about three rings so far, until I picked up another that Zack had thought she may like.

It was a really gorgeous ring, definitely one that Farah would absolutely adore. We fitted it, amazingly having it be a perfect size. Zack was overly ecstatic, except when he had to pay for it.

I know he knows she deserves it though.
They both do.

---

Sitting inAlex’s our bunk, Alex ran a hand up and down my leg while I had my faced pressed up against the window. I was staring up at the stars as the bus rolled along the vacant highway. They had finished their show about two hours ago and we had loaded up the bus then left. I hadn’t been in a swell mood since then, though. PMS was the trigger I do believe. I wasn’t sure.

Maybe it was this whole marriage thing.

I wanted to settle down and have a family sometime soon. With Carl’s illnesses, I want him to be there to lead me down the aisle when I’m married. I don’t know, maybe it was just the girl rubbing off on me.

“What’s wrong?” he whispered slightly, even though no one else was in the bunks.

“Nothing, dear. Just thinking is all,” I replied simply. I wasn’t lying.

“What are you thinking about?” How did I know this was coming?

“A lot of things Alex,” I sighed, taking in a deep breath.

“Care to elaborate?” He pressed, apparently overly interested in my inner dilemma.

“It’s just… have you ever you know… what’s going to happen to you and me in the future?” I said slightly uncomfortably.

“I don’t completely understand, love,” he responded.

“As in do you think we’ll ever get married? Have kids and settle down in a nice house of our very own?” I said, finally getting it off my chest.

“I have, in a sense. I’ve had dreams that we were married, lived happy lives with three little kids. And our dreams are someone tied to our conscious, right?” I nodded slightly, understanding what he meant.

“So, you do think we’ll get married one day?” I asked him, slightly hopeful.

“One day, I’m going to make you mine forever,” he promised, leaning up and kissing my pouty lips. I smiled; glad to hear that he wanted that. “Just asking, but what got you on this whole marriage business?” He questioned.

“Zack’s going to ask Farah to marry him. We went and looked at rings for him to propose to her with today,” I explained to him.

“What?! Why didn’t he tell me?” Alex nearly yelled. I hushed him, placing a finger over his lips.

“It’s because you can’t keep quiet! He planned on telling you, dear. I’m just more special than you so I get to know things first,” I joked, causing him to scorn at me.

“Oh, dear, I’m sure you’re the one that can’t keep quiet,” he laughed, wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

“Oh whatever! You’re the reason your neighbors called once telling us to shut the fuck up!” I shot back at him.

“Well, I say we test this out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: WHATTHEBUCK's videos on youtube. :) Win.
Sorry for the crappy filler, you guys. :(

But LET ME TELL YOU.
-Friday:
Tonic = lameee live.
Village People = extremely energetic and awesome. :)

-Saturday:
cage the elephant = FUCKING AWESOME. he jumped in the crowd with us and moshed, it was insane!
silversun pickups = they were really great, matt, the lead singer of cage, came out and started jumping around and stuff.
pop evil = was outrageous. the lead singer got ON TOP of the crowd and everyone had to hold him up, and i was RIGHT at his crotch. ;) it was insane, lemme to you. :}
the red jumpsuit apparatus = really awesome, like forreal. :P the lead singer told us to start a circle pit. but here in alabama, we have dumbasses. and they started moshing. so, i'm at the front, against the fence, with a mosh pit exactly beside me. i've got bruises. :\ AND I GOT A PICTURE WITH TWO OF THE FOUR. :D
the fray = wasn't too lovely, i didn't enjoy them at all.

-Sunday:
within reason: i don't know who they are, but they were pretty good. the two guitarist were extremely hot, and they through out all kinds of stuff. they came out and signed stuff for us, it was pretty cool.
FRAMING HANLEY: they were awesome live, they really are. i recommend you go see them. but, don't count on them coming to sign. we waited for about an hour for them, but they didn't come out. rat fucking bastards.

and during this week, i've been dealing with an ap english essay i'm having to write about 'night' aka a book a dude wrote that told about his expierence in the holocaust. it's actually pretty cool. but, we're starting the iliad soon, (which i was supposed to read book one tonight, but did this instead), so updates will be slower.

I go on FALL BREAK next week (is it cold anywhere else? it's FREEZING down here. fuck alabama and it's drastic weather changes.) so, I'm going to disneyworld with my bestttt frandddd. :D only bad part: i won't be updating :[ so, i'll TRY to update tomorrow? don't hold it against me. :[

now, that was a long author's note. :D
comments? i love constructive ones! :P