I Miss the Lips That Made Me Fly

Welcome To Mystery

Farah hissed as Metro Station came through the car speakers. We had rented a car to go out and get off the bus while the rest of the guys got ready for a show in Detroit. She slapped the power button, making Trace’s voice come to a complete halt mid-word.

Talk about a migraine starter.

“You’ll get used to the bus-beds, I promise. But once you get back home, and you hit your own bed, you feel like you’re in heaven,” she laughed, a smile on her face.

“I really hope so. Plus, dealing with periods on the moving bus sucks. Especially when it’s moving.” Farah snorted out a laugh after my remark and shook her head.

“Like I said, you’ll get used to it.”

We walked into Forever 21 at the strip mall. I absolutely loved the jewelry at this store. Farah went off in her own direction, while I headed towards the jewelry. I looked at some of the dangling necklaces, and toyed around with a few of the over-sized rings. I wasn’t too big on those, just the necklaces.

Soon, I had a feeling that I was being watched. You know when you just have that weird, uncomfortable feeling? Yeah, that’s what I felt like. I glanced up from my spot to notice a guy, leaning up against a wall, looking at me. From a distance, he looked a little rough. His hair was spiked with blonde tips, his cheek bones somewhat sunken in, and his eyes… His eyes were just so black and frightful looking. When he realized I had noticed him, he didn’t look away. He just starred on. I looked down, trying to ignore him.

I still felt the unwanted stare on me, and soon I was fed up. I walked away to find Farah, who was looking through some super shiny shirts. (5 stars for alliteration! :P)

“People are so creepy,” I muttered to her causing her to laugh.

“It’s because you’re so hot, Delilah,” she giggled. I rolled my eyes and stayed close, not wanting to deal with other people.

While we left the strip mall, we took a shortcut through a parking lot. The highway was jammed packed at the exit, so Farah decided this was the best way to go. We drove through the empty parking lot, which I wasn’t sure what business it belonged to, just talking. As we talked nonchalantly, there was suddenly a big, loud bump noise. Farah stopped the car and looked at me, while I just shrugged. We both got out of the car to examine the tires and make sure they weren’t flat.

I got around to the front right tire, and noticed a black crow was wedged under it. So, we hit a crow. Gross.

“Farah! You ran over a crow!” I yelled at her. I looked around and didn’t see her anywhere. “Farah?” I turned around, and she was standing behind me, looking in the other direction.

“Are those birds starring at us?” she asked, pointing in the direction she was looking at. I looked over her shoulder and over on a blank, white standard building, was rows and rows of black crows. They were, indeed, starring at us.

“Farah, I think we should get back on the highway.” I muttered, placing my hand on her shoulder. She nodded, and walked back to the car.

We drove down the highway in silence, being a little creeped out. I laid my head on the cold window, seeing as it was November. As Farah drove, I noticed a homeless guy standing under an overpass. He was starring too. But not at Farah, this time he was starring at me. I closed my eyes and waited until I was positive that we had left the area until I reopened them.

“Did you and Farah have fun while you were out?” Alex asked me. I was lying in our bunk while he changed out of his clothes for bed. I laid my phone beside our pillow, and sighed.

“Um, it was fun.” I told him, not mentioning anything that had occurred.

“That’s good, I’m glad you got out today. I know this bus gets super annoying,” he laughed, crawling over me to lay behind me. I pulled the curtain and snuggled into him, falling asleep almost instantly.

I awoke, feeling my phone vibrating against my cheek. Alex was against the bus wall, and somehow I was nearly falling off the bed. I groaned inwardly, and slide my phone open.

“Hello?” I whispered, rubbing my eyes.

“Delilah?! I’m so sorry for calling you so late.” It was Fiona, her words were running together. I could clearly hear her Spanish accent.

“Calm down, calm down. What’s wrong?”

“Something’s happened.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so um.. I'm pretty positive I owe EVERYONE that has read this a HUGEEE apology. Plus, all the people that are STILL subscribed.

I feel absolutely terrible for not writing, but I seriously was not motivated to write. Truthfully, I didn't even plan on getting this out. But, I was bored and I'm not going into school until eleven today.

My explanation is a little bumpy, but here: ACT tests. Absolutely freezing weather, which tires me so much. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years (which, I hope you all have great ones). The Olympics. SO MUCH SNOW. Alabama only gets snow once a year, but we have gotten so much. And on January 21, there was a tornado here. (It's on fan page on facebook, someone had made it. Not me, lol.) Well, it was right next to my house, which had me freaked out for a while since they're one of my greatest fears.

And worse of all, school shootings. We had a kid at a middle school killed about three weeks ago, which saddened everyone. And, it was only worse when a teacher shot her fellow co-workers over work things. She killed three, shot three others. I'm sure you've heard them over the news, because she killed her brother a few years ago. But I like about fifteen minutes from that school, so it's like.. meh. And when it happened, I was right down the road.

I'm not expected these to be great excuses, but oh well. Comment, if you want.

WHO LOVED PERCY JACKSON?! <333