Sequel: Black Sun

Full Moon

A New(er) Place To Stay

Have you ever woken up and forgotten where you were and then had a mini panic attack? Thats what happened when I woke up in a room that wasn't Jacobs, but I looked and saw Mike snoring sligtly beside me and a trail of drool from his mouth to the pillow, I remember the events of the night before. The sun was shining through the window, it seemed fake to me, like it should be raining because I was so sad right now. I thought finally I had the perfect life, minus the whole in the middle of a war between vampires and werewolves, but I finally had a boyfriend, one I thought loved me. I sighed and looked back at Mike, the boy didn't even know me but he was letting me stay at his house. After Mike woke up, we walked into the kitchen where his parents were eating breakfast, they both smiled at us as we walked in which gave me hope that they would let me stay here.

"Mom, Dad, this is my friend Zeek" said Mike introducing us.

"Morning Zeek" said Mrs. Newton polietly.

"I was hoping we could talk about Zeek staying here. He doesn't have a place to stay in town anymore, can he stay here?" asked Mike as both of his parents looked shocked.

"This is quite something to ask us, son" said Mr. Newton, my hope fell.

"Sir, I don't have anywhere to stay. I was staying with a friend but that fell through, my parents don't care about me, they kicked me out. I promise I won't be a handful and I will even get a job and pay rent" I said, hoping the rent thing would help my case, they both looked at each other thoughtful and then to me.

"I think it will be alright, we have the guest room we can clean out for you" said Mrs. Newton sweetly.

"Thank you so much" I said with a smile, this was great news.

The moon rose in the sky, Mike and I were kicking a soccer ball around outside when I got an unexpected visior, Sam.

"Hey, Zeek" said Sam in an odd tone.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" I asked, I held the ball underneath my foot.

"I was hoping to talk to you, Jacob left town last night" said Sam, my mouth fell open.

"What do you mean left town?" asked Mike, Sam looked at him and then back at me.

"He just left town, he came by the house said he had to leave, that he hurt you and you would be better off if he left." said Sam.

"How fucking selfish of him" I said both of them looked at me shocked, "People are after me, vampires, and he just fucking leaves me without protection and you without a pack member"

"Zeek, watch what you say around normals" said Sam looking to Mike.

"Sam, he already knows, the whole town knows about the Cullens." I said, I didn't care anyway, I was pissed.

"We will protect you, the pack is still here for you, but your right he is being selfish" said Sam with a solemn look, I nodded.

"This whole imprinting thing is messed up, he imprinted on some girl last night. How can he do that? imprint on two people?" I asked angrily, Sam looked shocked.

"You can't, I don't think, something is wrong" said Sam, I shruged.

"Whatever, Sam, thank you and the pack for helping me and for going on the meeting last night with Emmett" I said, Sam nodded and looked down the street.

"I better go patrol with Leah and Seth, be careful" said Sam waving at us and walking off.

"He's a werewolf huh?" asked Mike, I nodded, "I knew it"

"Don't tell anyone, Mike. I need to show the pack they can trust you" I said, he nodded. In the distance, I heard a wolf howling, it reminded me of Jacob, how could he just run off like that, It made me even more angry at him, he had left me and his pack.