Sequel: Black Sun

Full Moon

I am torn

I didn't move from the wall of the school even when class let out for the day, even when Mike came to drive me to our house, I promised him I would come later, but right now I needed some time to think about everything. Emmett said something that stuck me hard, but I didn't know if he was directing it towards me or not.. His Jeep was still parked in the parking lot, it was the only car there, I think subconciously I was waiting on him to come back, I needed to talk to him.

"What are you doing?" came a familiar voice beside me, I turned to see Jacob standing there.

"Sitting here" I said shrugging as he picked up my bandaged wrist.

"What the fuck is this, Zeek?" Jacob asked angrily with a hint of worried.

"I cut myself, ok? I did it in front of the Cullens to make them mad"

"Make them mad? you just made them hungry, why would you do this?"

"Because I wanted to, because they are fucking up everything Jacob. They are the reason, right now, I have a broken heart" I said looking away from him.

"Zeek," Jacob said sitting down beside me, "you can't do this to yourself"

"What else is there to do, Jacob. This has to be finished and soon, I need to live a normal life again, we both do"

"Don't worry about me, ok? I can take care of myself and of you" said Jacob as he put his hot hand on my shoulder.

"I want to fight, Jacob, I want this over now" I said pulling his hand off my shoulder and holding it, he interlaced our fingers.

"I know, but we can't just jump into it, we have to plan" said Jacob as he thumb gently rubbed my hand.

"Then let's plan, I want this over soon" I said looking up at Jacob, who was staring at me, "do you feel anything when you look at me?"

"Yes, I do but I don't feel the imprinting happening, but that doesn't mean that it won't. Maybe with all this going on, I can't imprint"

"Or maybe because I am not the one" I said with a frown.

"Don't say that, we don't know anything right now. Let's be friends and see where that leads us, ok?" asked Jacob, I nodded, this was better than nothing, Jacob let go of my hand, "I got to go talk with the pack, we are going to come and get you tonight. You need to stay at my house again, it's safer"

"Ok, I will go to Mike's and tell him what's going on" I said standing up.

"I'll drive you" came another familiar voice, Jacob and I both turned to see Emmett standing there.

"Good, and bring him straight to my house" said Jacob with a stern voice, Emmett nodded as Jacob gave us a wave and ran down the street.

"You two back together?" asked Emmett curiously.

"No, we are just friends as I hope you and I are" I said looking at Emmett, he nodded.

"Yes, we are, I just wish I didn't feel the stuff I do when I look at you"

"What do you feel?"

"Like I want to drink you blood, but I don't want to kill you, I want to taste you" said Emmett with a strange look on his face, "then I also want to make love to you, to be one with you"

"Emmett, what if that isn't safe. When we kissed something happened to me, I felt wild and carefree" I said remembering how I felt with him, it wasn't bad but I fon't think it was good.

"Sometimes that isn't a bad thing, sometimes that's all you need to feel"

"Emmett, " I said moving closer to him, "I'm confused, very confused"

"About what?"

"About you, about Jacob. I want you both, but I can't have you both. I know you want me, and I don't know what he wants, but I know what I want"

"Zeek, maybe you need to listen to what's here" said Emmett touching my chest where my heart was beating fast.

"My heart is torn too, Emmett. Maybe all I need to focus on right now is living through the battle that's coming soon" I said Emmett nodded but didn't move his hand from my chest.

"I need to go tell Mike what's going on, then I need to go see Jacob" I said moving my body away from Emmett.

"Then let's go" said Emmett leading me to his Jeep, my mind on him, Jacob, and the big battle that I felt was very close to happening.