Hinan Sekatsu

Recon Mission

"Only rich preps live in Orunder, some mission this is..." Kyo said as they exited the car, "look at these mansions, two SUVs per family, probably more food than they can eat... people in Cold Forest would tear them apart."
"What would demons want with rich people anyway?" Teruth asked, "probably not enough soul to feed on, if that's what they do." The two looked quite threatening; lurking in the shadows, their swords ready to taste blood at a moment's notice. "When we kill the demon we can carry its head around and scare the Hell outta some preps," Teruth jested.
"So how do we go about this?" Kyo asked.
"I'd say we get the the middle and scan the place with our third eyes."

Teruth removed his fingers from his forehead and allowed the chakra to close, "there's a huge amount of Ki on the north side of the subdivision."
Kyo then did the same, "that's strange, I sense something to the west, and it's moving."
"We better split up."
"OK," Kyo confirmed and headed west.

Kyo slowed his pace as he approached the source of the energy and began to look around, with his physical eyes, ever ready to draw the Admiral's Sword. The concentration of Ki lead him to an alley between two houses, cautiously he examined it only to find it empty and a high chain-link fence blocking him at the opposite end. As he realized his surroundings, the energy disturbance vanished! A cold wind blew past, which pierced Kyo down to his soul. He turned to see a strange mist forming, which suddenly shaped itself into a silhouette and then a solid entity, a Demon!
Kyo reached for his sword, but, finding his foe upon him, he received a powerful blow to the solar plexus before his fingers could wrap around it. The fence rang out with the clash of its chains as Kyo's back struck it. The demon swiftly advanced, taking hold of his neck, cutting off his precious airflow. Kyo's arms were longer, however, he struck back, landing a flawless blow to its throat, forcing it to weaken its grip just enough for Kyo to push it away with a front kick to tis stomach. This didn't appear to hurt it at all, but threw it off balance, which was all he needed to pull his sword free with his Korean drawing technique, carving a deep gash up the Demon's torso. Continuing the motion, he took a step forward and swung the Je Dok Gum around to take the beast's head off. It vanished into the mist it appeared from, and no blood stained the flawless edge of the Admiral's Sword.
A light from one of the adjacent houses shone. "Time to run like Hell," Kyo thought, and took his advice.

Teruth moved silently through the shadows, slowly closing the distance to his target. After walking unseen through somone's backyard, he scaled the small brick wall bordering a garden and looked down. The target appeared to be human, he sat in the shadow of the wall meditating. He appeared unarmed, but Teruth wouldn't give him the distance to prove otherwise, he jumped down from the wall deirectly behind the target, who instantly stood and attempted to run, but teruth caught him by the back of his shirt, "Jinsen?"
"Damn it, Latis! God! You broke my concentration, now that thing is solid again!"
Teruth took little meaning from his words, "what the Hell are you talking about?"
"Nothing to a Goddamn Lati-"
Teruth threw his prey against the wall and put a hand on his trusty katana.
"Gah! You wouldn't kill me here! You'd get caught for sure!"
"Do I look like I give a damn?" Teruth began, "you Jinsen... killed... my... cats! Yeah, in your last attack!" He improvised, "and... I swore I'd eviscerate the next one I saw!"
"Alright, crazy! I was manipulating a Demon, using my mind to move it around in astral form, but if I dont maintain focus it can't maintain that form, and it'll become real! So ironically enough, slayer, you just unleashed a Demon on the world!"
"Heh, if there's a demon out there my friend is probably carrying its head back to me as we speak," Teruth bluffed, "now I want some more answers, what are you Jinsen planning with this technique?"
He remained silent for a few seconds, concentrating on something else, "to take over the world, obviously," the Jinsen spoke with more confidence now, as if he knew something teruth did not.
"Tell me more! What's your name?!"
"No."
Teruth aimed a lightning fast punch to his face, which passed through it instead and struck the wall! His enemy walked straight through him, "and it's Vaign." The Jinsen Vaign ran off as Teruth turned back around to hear something like, "thanks for that, Xiaruth."
Teruth rested for a moment and opened the third eye again, both concentrations of Ki had vanished, meaning Kyo had in fact dispathed the Demon, he also picked up Kyo in the distance, and... one other slightly active aura within 20 feet of him. Teruth stepped forward cautiously until someone jumped out from behind a tree, he never noticed her there, being small enough to conceal herself. "Who are you?" He asked, looking quite shocked.
She showed little fear of him, "I'm Kasei, Kasei Kiraune," she appeared younger than him, about 16.
"You live here?"
"Nope... I kinda snuck out to meet my boyfriend, Unagi Hyuuga, he lives here in Orunder."
Teruth came to a realization, "what did you overhear?"
"Something about a Demon... 'Latis', 'Jinsen'... ionno."
"Well," Teruth contemplated, she seemed trustworthy, innocent enough, "forget it, there's no need for you or anyone else to be involved, so pretend we never met." Teruth ventured away into the dark.

Teruth and Kyo arrived back at the Latis base in the warehouse, where Markos confronted them, "report, Latis."
Kyo began, "the Demon is slain, Markos."
"That's good, any information?"
"A Hell of alot," Teruth replied, "I ran into a Jinsen who was controlling the Demon from a distance."
Markos appeared slightly shocked, "tell me more."
"He said he transformed it into an astral body so he could move it around, but when I broke his meditation it reverted to its physical body, to my understanding."
"That's fascinating," Markos said, "and terrible news."
"That's not all, when I attacked the guy, I went right through him! He turned nonphysical too! Then said something about a Xiaruth."
"Impossible... This would mean Xiaruth can convert not only the plane, but individual entities to astral form at will... And what's worse the other Jinsen are learning the technique!"
"What good does it do them to move demons around like that?" Kyo inquired.
"Well, it leads them to a horrible act, human possession! In astral form, a Demon can literally take over a human mind, but not many Demons are smart enough to transform themselves or possess a host. However, if a human can work the transformation for them and guide their every move, it would mean a human possessing another human, they could attack using innocent people as their puppets, and the controllers could remain concealed, they would be nearly unstoppable!"
Korosu entered the room in time to hear this, "what now?"
"I'll tell you the specifics later, Korosu, but we're going to have to make a move this week," he paused momentarily, "it may be drastic, but we need to find out exactly what they are planning and put a stop to them, it will require an all out assault of the Jinsen headquarters."
Korosu responded, "do you mean to say you've found it?"
"No, they've been hiding very well," Markos answered, "but I suspect they're going to have to use a lot of Ki in the near future, that's when I'll pinpoint the location, and then immediately we must attack!"
"I'll inform the others," Korosu left the room.
"You two may go now, I shall contact you when you are needed."

Teruth approached Kyo's house, not driving too close to prevent awakening anyone within. "I guess we're part of this 'invisible war' now."
"An all out assault, does that mean we're going to face otehr humans, to the death?"
"Probably, I'd train like Hell with your Ki, apparently they really kick ass with it."
Kyo exited the vehicle and bade Teruth farewell, leaving him just enough time to get home and sneak in before dawn.