The Lost Boys

Chapter 5 - Something's Wrong/She's The One

The ride back home was silent. When we reached the house Michael got off the bike, as did I. when I reached the door I stopped. I turned in Mike’s direction.
“I’m sorry, Michael.” I was stubborn, but we were twins and he was the only one I could really talk to. I hate to admit it, but I need my brother. He turn around after parking his bike, with his head down.
“I’m sorry, too. I just…went into protective overdrive. I just don’t want anyone hurting you. After what happened with Mom and Dad…” He trailed off knowing I knew what he meant. He walk to the door and hugged me. I know he meant well, he always does. Plus twins can’t stay mad at each other for long. I smiled and walked into the house. Michael was walking up the stairs to go to bed. I was going in search of snacks.
“Night Mia.”
“Night Mike.” I still don’t know why I felt the urge to with David tonight. I just acted before I thought things out. As I opened the fridge I laughed at Grampa’s shelf name. I grabbed the milk and drank out of the carton. Then I noticed that Grampa, Mom, and Sam were still out. Then I felt immense pain in my stomach. I doubled over clutching my abdomen. I screamed for Michael. Within seconds he was at my side.
“Mike, something’s really wrong.” I was feel like someone just ripped out my organs.
“Hold on, Mia.” Mike ran to the phone and called an ambulance, then Mom. That was the last thing I know before I passed out from the pain.

I woke up to bright white lights and Sam asleep in the chair next to the bed I was in. I can hardly remember anything. Where’s Mom and Mike flashed through my head next.
“Sam…Sammy.” Sam shot right up and hugged me.
“Oh thank God you’re not dead.” I laughed at his comment.
“Where’s Mom? And Mike?” Just as I asked the doctor came into the room with Mom and Michael.
He explained that the stomach pain was just a virus. Mom was glad that I was ok. So were Sam and Mike. I got out of the hospital around dinner the next day. I was in no mood to eat right now. So when we got home I went straight to my room. No questions asked. About half an hour later I heard Mike leaving his room.
“Where’re you going?” He turned to look at me.
“The boardwalk.” I was sort of shocked Michael didn’t ask me to tag along.
“I’m coming.” I ran to my room and grabbed my jacket. Michael didn’t say anything to oppose. We hopped on his bike and flew towards the boardwalk. I was still sore from the stomach thing so I walked slower than Michael. I saw he was headed to where we had seen David and his friends. Now I understood why we came here. It was just after the sun had set when I heard the howls of laughter and motorcycles. Mike didn’t seem too happy when the boys came closer. I was leaning on the rails that separated the boardwalk and the beach. As David stopped his bike in front of me, Michael stood up and got in David’s line of vision.
“What the hell did you do to my sister!” Michael was furious at David. He looked ready to kill.
“Mike…” I tried to get my say in about how it wasn’t David’s fault. I just didn’t know how wrong I was.
David got off his bike and faced Michael.
“I didn’t do anything to hurt her.” David’s voice was slowly starting to fade. As did the light and sound of the boardwalk. “You need to let me help her, Michael.” Michael was fed up with all of this and punched David in the face. The pain in my stomach was coming back in full force.
“David, she the one.” Marko was by my side holding me up. That stopped both Michael and David.
“What are you talking about?!” Michael screamed. David stood still. My vision was really starting to go by this point.
“She belongs with us. She won’t survive if she goes home.” David stated simply.
“Are you kidding? Mia isn’t going anywhere with you.” Michael was in no mood to let me out of his sight. But neither was David.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhangers...don't ya love 'em? lol enjoy!