Heartbreak Is Falling in Love Again.

The Ending

5 years later and I’ve been working my ass off in college. I gave up basketball in high school and took up photography instead. It’s been really interesting. It’s my last year and I have an internship with some of the best photographers around. And that is how I ended up boarding onto this flight to California. I couldn’t wait to get there and experience and learn more.
First class baby. And beside me my three best friends sit. Fausto the one who had been there for me through everything when Dakota and Justin weren’t. It wasn’t there fault though. Justin, my twin; the one who had gone to jail and has made a big career in hockey. He’s not in the greatest position anymore but he’s doing better. And Dakota, the one who I can count on for everything.
The plane lands and we all rush out and get our luggage. We left early so we could kill a few days together before going to the show for my step up in photography. We celebrated by going down to the beach. I grabbed an alcohol beverage – yes 21 does come with advantages. Of course I’ve been drinking since the age of 19 since that’s the legal age to drink in Canada – and walked over to Justin, Fausto, and Dakota.
Just then a group of surfer guys walked in. They all had dark hair and very nice bodies. They were really hot. I didn’t mean to stare but I studied them carefully. They all had brown or blue eyes. Except for one.
He looked over at me and our eyes locked for a moment. The place was crowded especially since they had all brought in there big surf boards. A blonde guy walked in just then and I noticed him instantly. I held my breath realizing who the guy I had just locked eyes with was. It wasn’t like I had forgotten him. I hadn’t exactly gotten over him. His green eyes were still just as wonderful.
Cole walked over to the group of guys and Drew whispered something to him, and then came over to my table. “Hey ladies!” he said. His voice had changed a lot. He had a clean shaven face and he was a lot more muscular. “How’s it going?” He said winking at me. Did he really not know who I was?
Dakota and I just stared at him blankly and Fausto just sat there silently. I got up and walked out of the store. 21 may seam like a big number, but I was still young enough to feel heartbroken. It was like high school all over again.
I got out my phone and texted Dakota and Fausto to meet me back at the beach as I made my way down there. I heard foot steps behind me. Walking quickly and I noticed I was part running part walking. “Wait up!” He called. “Did I offend you?” I stopped when I reached the end of the water and turned around.
“Do you really not know who I am?” I asked and I could tell that he had remembered. He came closer to me and wrapped me up in a hug. I just let my arms dangle there.
“Kimberly! It’s really you?” He asked and I let my arms wrap around him. His muscles were tighter and he felt different when I hugged him. So many years ago I would hug him and I still remembered it. I felt safe.
“Drew, let go.” I said then. And he did. “I think that we should just forget about this.” His face turned to hurt.
“I can’t do that Kimberly.”
“Yes you can.” I could feel that I was crying and I could see that he was too. I knew I still had feelings for him. I just didn’t know they were stronger then when he had left.
“Meet me tonight.” He said and I shook my head. “Look I know this is hard for you. But can we start over? Just meet me tonight at the club right over there.” He pointed to a big place painted black and I nodded. He smiled. “’s 10 okay?” I nodded. He hugged me again and then left.
When he was gone Dakota and Fausto came down and I had put on a smile and we went swimming. Should I go tonight? It hurts too much. But I had already made up my mind. It’s been 5 years. I haven’t dated at all since Drew Left.

I walked into the club and ordered some Smirnoff. Not my favourite thing since that night 5 years ago when my boyfriend pushed me. But I liked the taste. A few minutes later Drew came and stood beside me and stuck out his hand.
“Hi I’m Drew. And you are?” I smiled.
“I’m Kimberly.” I said taking his hand and shaking it.
He ordered a drink and then looked at me. When he got his drink he chanted “To a new start.” And our glasses clinked.
“I love you Kimberly. I always have.” It was nice to know I wasn’t the only one who hadn’t forgotten.
“I love you too Drew.” And then our heads moved closer as he wrapped his arms around me. I liked the feeling of his and I knew that this wouldn’t be the last time I saw him. We still loved each other. And when he kissed me, I kissed him back. Together after all this time apart. We were meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
It might not be the best ending, but thats how I wanted it to end.