Status: Completeeee.....=] Sequel posted.

A Twisted Love

Fury

The sound of the front door slamming reverberated through the house. Cameron was the first to awaken. He surveyed his surroundings sleepily and soon realized he was not in his own room. The first thing that Cameron took notice of was the fact that he was half-naked, and that the door wasn't even locked. He assumed his mom was home and just the thought made his insides churn with worry.

Quickly, Cameron jumped off the bed and got dressed. He began prodding Colton's shoulder gently, hoping to wake him up. Colton stirred a bit, tangling himself in the sheets. Sighing, Cameron leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to Colton's cheek. With a rather loud groan, Colton sat up. His ocean blue eyes were cloudy with sleep.

"I think Mom's home." Cameron whispered to him. This made Colton immediately alert. He sprung out of bed as quick as possible, but he was yanked back due to the tangled sheets that gripped his ankle. Cameron quickly caught him before he fell forward. Chuckling slightly, Cameron embraced him for a moment before he untangled the mess of sheets.

"Get dressed and come downstairs. We'll go somewhere today, alright?" Cameron suggested. Colton nodded once, and headed towards the large pile of clothes on his bedroom floor. Knowing it would take a while for Colton to get ready, Cameron decided he would take a shower.

Cameron opened the door and stepped outside the room. He nearly screamed from the impact of colliding with another body on his way to the bathroom. His head instantly snapped upwards, only to meet his mom's angered gaze.

"Watch where you're going." She snapped. Her hazel eyes where bloodshot, and she had deep purple bags that looked as if they were permanently plastered across her pale skin. Her dark blond hair was greasy and pulled into a messy bun.

Cameron sighed deeply, slightly annoyed with the way his mother had been acting. Then he remembered the reason why, and instantly any anger towards her seemed to float away. "S-sorry." He muttered.

His mother looked pitiful, leaning against the wall in the hallway. Her expression was utterly defeated. "Why were you coming out of your brother's room just now?" She asked, not bothering to acknowledge her son's apology.

Cameron bit his lip, and thought of a quick, believable excuse. "I was waking Colton up, we're going to go to the mall today." He said. It wasn't completely a lie. He had woken Colton up, and he was planning on taking him to the mall later on.

His mother said nothing as she brushed past her son. The tension slowly faded as she exited the hallway, and Cameron couldn't help but feel relieved. He hated when his mother acted like this; so cold and detached. It was like she was barely even involved his life anymore.

Cameron also knew that it would be hard to be with Colton when their mother was around. However, he also knew that he was willing to risk anything for Colton's sake.

............
.......................
............

The car's engine roared to life, sounding like some kind of exotic jungle cat. Colton fidgeted nervously with his hands, glancing up at his brother- who was in the driver's seat- every so often. Cameron placed a comforting hand on Colton's thigh as the car lurched forward.

"Relax, Cole." He murmured. Colton tried to listen to his soothing voice, but nothing seemed to be working for him at the moment. The only thing that seemed to relax his racing thoughts was the fact that he didn't feel a blinding sense of tension. The same tension he had felt on that bus.

"You don't need to be afraid, okay? I promise that I'll drive safely. I'd never let anything happen to you." Cameron promised. Colton nodded, suddenly ashamed for his own childish fright. It was just a car ride, and he wasmostly positive that he would be fine.

Although, through the whole car ride Colton's eyes stayed clamped shut. The car jerked to a stop in what seemed like only a few minutes. Colton heard the sound of a seat belt clicking open. Slowly, he opened his eyes and stepped outside of Cameron's car. It was still as sleek and shiny as the day Cameron had received it as a birthday present.

A familiar pang of jealousy rang through Colton's head, but he shrugged it off. It wasn't Cameron's fault that he was the favorite of the twins. He plastered a smile on his face, and walked over to Cameron, grasping his hand firmly.

Cameron shot him a concerned look but Colton only shrugged casually. "No one can do anything about us holding hands. We are brothers after all." Colton reminded him. His eyes were wide and innocent, and Cameron couldn't resist sneaking a small peck on Colton's inviting lips. It was dangerous to do that in public, but that wasn't the reason that Colton's heart skipped a few beats.

They walked, hand in hand, up to the mall's entrance. "We're going to Abercrombie first!" Cameron announced, earning a loud groan from Colton. That was the last place he wanted to be, but he complied with his brother's orders. After being dragged there, Colton waited patiently inside the store as his brother ran around picking out random articles of clothing.

They ended up walking out with over three bags full of shirts and shorts, and Colton was not happy, to say the least. He turned to his twin with a glare set on his features. "What guy shops at Abercrombie?! I swear...you're way to gay for your own good..." He muttered. Cameron rolled his eyes, but didn't disagree with his brother's rant.

"Well, where do you want to go now?" Cameron inquired. Without hesitation, Colton pulled Cameron in the direction of a pretzel stand. "I'm starving." He said. "I didn't even have breakfast this morning."

Cameron nodded and pulled out his wallet as they both ordered. Colton then payed before Cameron got a chance. He scowled at his brother, and stomped away childishly. Sighing, Colton followed him and practically stuffed a cinnamon pretzel in his mouth.

"Stop being a baby, and eat the damn pretzel." Colton ordered. Without further complaint, Cameron chewed quietly on his twisted, baked bread. When he finished, he was left with a greasy wrapper. "I'm going to throw this away." Cameron said, before walking off to the nearest trashcan.

Colton watched his brother's figure as it retreated farther from him, finally stopping yards away when he reached his destination. Cameron dumped his garbage, and turned around on the heel of his foot, only to be stopped by an angry looking teenage girl.

Colton couldn't hear what she was saying, but she looked as if she was mad at Cameron for whatever reason. Completely confused, Colton stepped closer to the two, until he heard the conversation they were sharing.

"R-Rachel...I meant to call you, I've just been busy." Cameron stuttered. Colton saw Rachel sigh, clearly frustrated for some reason.

"I don't get it, Cammie! You said that you cared about me, but we haven't spoken in ages!" She complained. Colton furrowed his eyebrows. He hoped desperately that this 'Rachel' girl wasn't talking about what he thought she was. If so, then there was a big fucking problem.

"I really do Ray, it's just...my younger sister...passed away recently." Cameron mumbled. Rachel's hardened expression immediately cracked as she lunged herself into Cameron's arms. It looked as if she was suffocating him from the intensity of the embrace, but he didn't even attempt to pull away.

When Rachel pulled away, she had a warm smile on her face. Cameron returned it quickly as she leaned in to his face. Colton felt his heart drop and his stomach clench. He felt like throwing up all of the contents in his stomach as their lips met.

Cameron cut the kiss a bit short when he decided to look up, finally. Colton scoffed, his eyes narrowing at the mere thought of Cameron's stupidity. Did he really think that I wouldn't see this? Colton questioned himself. Suddenly, all feelings of sickness disappeared as they were replaced by a burning anger. It was such a strong feeling that bubbled in Colton's veins that he almost feared it. Almost.

He barely registered it when Cameron whispered something to Rachel, and started to jog over to him. As soon as Cameron reached Colton's side, he began to mumble explanations and apologies; none of which Cotlon bothered to listen to.

Right then, with his fury raw and fierce, he felt so strong. Colton wanted to hit Cameron, to show him the horrible pain that was somewhere inside of him, but somehow he held back. Not here, he realized. He'd have to hold back, he reminded himself that he was in public. This could wait.

Without so much as a glance in his Cameron's direction, Colton fled the building. He felt like a criminal leaving the crime scene. Only, he wasn't the criminal in this particular situation.

Cameron was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this story sort of lost it's "spark"? I know what you're thinking..."This fucking bitch is going to put up a whole sob story about how she's decided she doesn't want to write this story AGAIN?!" Well...no. I will continue this, and I've even been planning on a sequel. So...um, I was just wondering what your thoughts on this so far. And, isn't cute how Colton was afraid of the car ride? I felt like he had too much of a "bad boy" character, so this was to show you that he does indeed have feelings, a heart, and worries of his own. Oh, and too make up for my severe lack of updates, this one is super long. And sad. Stupid-ass Cameron. I hate him SO much right now. So...I think I've mentioned Rachel before. Briefly, in a previous chapter. She's...Cameron's girlfriend. Heh, Colton has a right to be pissed, wouldn't you? Comment, guys. I need them. P.S. I know it's not a good chapter. Little detail, and all....but it's three o' clock in the morning. Give me some credit!!! :3 =] <3 <3 <3