Status: Completeeee.....=] Sequel posted.

A Twisted Love

Funerals and I love yous

Colton twisted the key furiously in the door knob, anxious to get inside his house. Finally the lock clicked and he swung the door open. He strode eagerly towards his room, where he knew he would be able to drown out the saddening events of tonight from his mind.

Going to Olivia's funeral had been horrible. Colton tried not to remember the wake, where they showed Olivia. Or what used to be her. It looked more like a wax dummy covered in the disgusting makeup they used on all, badly wounded dead people. He had ran into the bathroom several times during the funeral service, not wanting people to see him cry. Sometimes Cameron would even come with him, which sort of made him feel better.

Colton had left the service as soon as it had ended, choosing to take the train home, and leave his brother and mom to drive later on when they were done talking to friends and family. He felt so overwhelmed and trapped with all of the pity and sorrow practically suffocating him. Colton figured that whatever family he hadn't bothered to acknowledge would just flock to Cameron, who had always been the favorite twin.

Colton let out a long, frustrated sigh as he ran his hands through his hair, trying not to violently pull it out. He started to search through an old box of things that he kept. When he found what he had been looking for, his old journal, he flipped to a blank page and started to write with a pencil he had found on the floor. He wrote stories and poems for about an hour, trying to vent his feelings. Finally he slammed the journal onto the floor and groaned. He dropped the now dull pencil to the floor and made up his mind. Colton knew that writing wouldn't be enough for him, not this time.

He had been trying not too, remembering what Cameron would most likely say, but he couldn't help it. Colton reached under his bed and quickly found his stash of vodka. He popped the cap off one bottle and drank it down easily, already letting exhaustion take over him. After a few more drinks his thoughts were jumbled and unclear. Colton smiled, liking the fact that he couldn't think straight.

Cameron's going to be pissed off... Was his last thought before he blacked out.

..............................................
..........................................................

Colton woke up to hands shaking his shoulders roughly. His eyes reluctantly fluttered open, only to be closed seconds later as a massive headache took over his mind. "Shit." He muttered, trying to sit up. The hands stopped shaking his shoulders, and helped to prop him up.

Colton looked up then, meeting the gaze of an angry-looking Cameron. "Why the fuck were you drinking last night?" He demanded, jabbing a finger at the empty vodka bottles strewn across his bedroom floor. Colton was taken aback by Cameron's tone. He knew that Cameron rarely cursed, especially at him. This was a complete shock to him. Colton blinked a few times in confusion.

"I was r-really upset last night. I just...didn't want to think anymore at that point." Colton told him honestly. Cameron nodded and without a word, tossed him a bottle of Tylenol and a water bottle. Colton took the Tylenol gratefully and in a few sips drank the disgusting pills down. He finished the rest of his water and then carelessly tossed the empty bottle to the side.

Colton leaned back into his pillow, and was greatly surprised when he felt the bed being weighed down beside him. He turned his head to the side to see that Cameron was laying right next to him, staring at the ceiling.

"Did I say you could lay on my bed?" Colton inquired, a bit of annoyance seeping into his voice. Cameron shook his head, a smirk making it's way across his features.

"I invited myself." He replied, stretching slightly. With a grunt Colton rolled over and inched to the very edge of his bed, almost to the point where he was about to fall off.

"Oh, and by the way last night, when you left...Mom was pretty upset. She said the you had no respect, just leaving like that." Cameron said.

"I really didn't think she'd miss me." Colton retorted.

"You don't think that anyone cares about you, right?" Cameron asked suddenly. Colton turned over and stared straight into Cameron's light, piercing eyes. Colton shrugged, nodding slightly after a while.

"Well, you're wrong." He stated simply. Colton didn't hesitate to roll his eyes.

"Whatever you say." He said sarcastically, still not believing a word his brother said.

"I can prove it." Cameron said, his eyes glinting with something that was unknown to Colton.

Colton stared down at the bed sheets, almost afraid of how Cameron would prove it. Without warning, Cameron placed his warm hand on Colton's cheek and met his gaze evenly. He smiled brightly, and spoke the three words that Colton wasn't even sure he had wanted to hear.

"I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kind of short...I think. And when Cameron says "I love you" he means it in a brotherly way...sort of. Like half/half. At this point he's not really sure how he feels and-DAMMIT! I am giving too much away! *evil grin* Comment, because I need them to continue writing this. If you don't like it, I'll stop the story. :3 =] <3 <3 <3