Status: updateeedd :]

Can't Live It Down

Priorities

Jake ran back to his house with a smirk. He wasn't sure if he was trying to make Casey jealous enough to kiss that loser that she'd only known for, what, a week?

Either way, he shouldn't have been worrying about Casey, should he? He's got Rain, Most guys at his school would kill to go out with her and he was the lucky one who got the chance. That meant that he shouldn't be thinking about the neighbor

He got up his steps and in the front door just in time for the phone to ring. He made sure to grab it before anyone else in the family heard it. "Hello?"

"Hey there," said the voice of his favorite sophmore.

"Hey, Rain. What causes you to call here?"

"What I'm not allowed to call you? So what's up? You don't sound as excited to talk to me as you usually do," Rain said.

Jake sighed and lowered his voice. "It's just Casey-"

"Jake,"Rain snapped. "Forget about her. She's your neighbor, for Christ's sakes, not your freaking ex lover. You're with me now. And I should be the girl you're worrying about. With all this time you've spent with your thoughts on her I could have easily been cheating on you.

His eyes got wide. "You're not... are you?"

There was a pause on the other end of the line, followed but laughter. "Dude, you are so paranoid. Of course not. Done it before and it gets very messy. Not going back to that." Jake couldn't help but wonder just how experienced Rain was, yet he knew better than to ask. "Either way I'm coming to get you in ten minutes. We're going to the movies with Katy and this senior she's been flirting with for the past month. Don't forget your money." With that she hung up the phone.

Jake placed the phone back on the reciever as his mother walked by. "Who was that?" she asked him.

"Rain," he said simply. "She wants me to go to the movies with her and her friend."

His mom sighed. "Alright, but be careful."

He gave her a strange look. "What could happen at the movies?"

"I mean in general with her. Girls like Rain are accostumed to a higher standard of living that we are and she just might expect more than you're capable of."

"Don't worry, Mom," he said as he ran upstairs to put on a clean shirt. "I'll be fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've taken forever to do this. But I have excuses.
I've been up to my eyeballs in homework since school has started, a friend of mine has decided that my boyfriend and I are the only people who can help her with her guy drama, and I've had work twice a week on top of that. It's amazing how I'm surviving. *rolls eyes* Whatever. I promise I'll try to update more consistantly.