Status: updateeedd :]

Can't Live It Down

We Can't Do This

Jake took one jump back and stared at Casey. Suddenly, everything was different and he didn't see Casey as the little girl or his worst enemy. The moment their lips touched, a shock went through his heart so fast he couldn't even see straight. He smiled at her and ran his hand across her cheek and went to kiss her again.

"Wait."

He looked at her again and tilted his head to the side, confused. "What's wrong?" all this time, he didn't really see that she wasn't exactly smiling nor was the kiss exactly as strong in the end as it was in the quickly started beginning.

"I can't do this. I mean, I like you. I think. I just don't think that we could just, go from being friends to enemies to lovers without some sort of problem. It just seems weird to me, Jake." She moved his hand gently and slid herself off of the drying machine and grabbed her damp clothes.

"Wait, Casey. Don't leave. We can talk about this."

Before Jake could grab her arm, she was gone and out of his back door. The rickety hinges slammed shut and he watched her walk away. He didn't care that she still had his clothes and he didn't care how he'd get them back. All he knew is the moment his lips touched hers, his heart soared. He also knew the moment her skin wasn't touching his and his eyes were watching her leave, his heart sunk into the deepest pit of his gut and all he could do now was to curl up on the floor and sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
short! sorry! my co-author kind of went MIA.