Status: updateeedd :]

Can't Live It Down

Fire Engine Red

Jake hadn’t really reacted to Casey Mae’s prank one bit. He went on about his business, it seemed. It was like he was trying to make her think he forgot it happened but she knew he never forgot. He never forgot anything. Sometimes that could be a good thing, but some times it could be bad. The day before school started, all Casey was doing was sitting in front of her desk sewing away at her dress. She was working furiously on the dress she had put off until now. When she started high school, she wanted to look different and blow all those stuck up boys away just to make them fall in love with her only for her to rip their hearts out like they constantly did in middle school. Her dress was made out of a silky red fabric that she saved up her allowance all summer to buy. She had been able to buy enough fabric to make a dress that would go exactly to her mid thighs.

Over the summer, it was no surprise that Casey Mae didn’t exactly look like a little girl anymore. Her hair had lost the straggly greasy feeling and earned a soft smooth look. It curled perfectly around her face but if one was smart enough, that wasn’t the only thing that made Casey look older. Her figure turned from scratched up and bruised to smooth and curvy. Her small childish body grew into an older women physic and Casey Mae knew it. She admired her new body in the mirror. Over night, it seemed like the acne went away. Her chest grew into an actually chest to see and she intended to make the dress to show it off.

Casey wasn’t the only one who changed though. Jake wasn’t such a dweeb anymore either. His small boy like features remained in his face but his farmers tan showed his muscles well and Casey decided that that made her hate him even more. Once they started high school, he would make all the friends again and tell the boys horrible stories about her so they wouldn’t like her. This year, she decided she wasn’t going to stand for that. She was going to make it known that the old Casey was gone and what they were looking at was the new and improved Casey Mae.

Turning back to her dress, she sewed the final stitch in the seem and turned off the machine to admire her work. Holding it up to her body in front of her mirror, she smiled and knew she had to try it on right that very moment. Ridding of her shorts and oversized t-shirt, Casey pulled the dress over her body and stood shell shocked in the fire engine red dress. It hugged at her curves nicely and showed off just enough cleavage to prove to her that she would definitely be turning heads just as much as all those other girls would be. Except the only difference is, she was worth looking at. Looking, but not touching.

Casey had a theory. High school was specifically for her to get good grades and get out of this town. To be someone. She didn’t want to be a farmers wife. She wanted to be a lawyer or a doctor. She wanted to find the cure for cancer or solve some crazy theory. High school wasn’t intended for her to get interested in boys and fall in love. She didn’t intend for that to happen and she was going to make sure it didn’t. There wasn’t any boy she was even interested in looking at anyways.

She pulled her hair out of her pony tail and grabbed a box from under her bed. Digging through it, she finally found what she was looking for. A red bow that fit perfectly with the dress. She pulled it into her hair, her curls falling perfectly around it. She smiled at herself in the mirror and turned to open her door, running straight into her worst nightmare. She didn’t need Jake seeing in her new dress, she was terrified he would ruin it but as he stood their in front of her he took in her body like it was a brand new play ground.

Of course, he tried to make it seem like he didn’t notice anything but Casey wasn’t that dumb. She was smarter then most farm children and could tell the way he looked at her, yet still was angry that he was even in her house at all.

“What would you like, Jacob Elliott?” she tried to stare him down, but standing a few inches shorter then he it was hard to look intimidating. His hand reached out and she flinched, only to have him drop the broken condom on the floor in front of her instead of smearing it on her dress. It was caked with dry feces and the smell made Casey gag.

Before Jake had a chance to say a word, Casey heard her mother yelling for her help from out side. Jake turned quickly on his feet, running to Casey’s mothers side. Just as quickly, Casey turned into her room changing quickly out of her dress into her farm clothes, tucking the dress into the back of her closet where it wouldn’t get dirty. Pulling the bow out of her hair, she tugged her hair into a quick sloppy pony tail and ran down the stairs after Jake only to find them both chasing a wild dog away from their chickens.

Laughing, Casey joined in the race to save their animals. It was weird but some times farming could be fun but she definitely wouldn’t miss it when she started her school work. As long as no one in the family got sick or hurt, she was left to keep track of her school work and chores that kept her busy until sundown yet didn’t leave her completely exhausted. Tomorrow was a brand new day. Tomorrow, she was a brand new person. A brand new girl with a brand new attitude. It didn’t matter where she came from or who she was or who her father was, she was going into that high school and proving herself. Away from all the infatuation towards boys, she would be some body. That is, if she could keep the boys away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the wait, it was my birthday and I was busy with layouts.
Here it is. :]