Remember Me.

Remember Me.

==> REMEMBER ME.

“I told you, keep the tickets safe!” Kayce said.
“I know! I just forgot where I placed them!” I replied.
“You lost it Tyler! You lost it!”
It is finally our spring break and three other friends, along with me, decided to head to Miami to have some fun. Los Angeles is getting boring, and we really needed to let loose and make this spring break the best one yet.
“We trusted you with those tickets! Our flight leaves in 20 minutes!” Hunter exclaimed.
“So much for fun,” Kayce said as she walked away.
“Why the tickets Tyler? Why couldn’t you just lose something else? Why did it have to be the tickets?” Hunter followed Kayce.
So, that was it. First I lose the tickets, and then I lose my friends. Is life really that cruel?

Spring break was finally over and cloudy memories flood my mind. Everything was so dark. I gazed around the room and saw the time.
8:26 AM, the red digits flashed.
“Ugh. I’m late for school.” I mumbled.
I climbed down the stairs and noticed saw my mom in the kitchen making coffee.
“I’m off to school mom. I’m already late. I’ll see you later.” I said, but I don’t think she heard me.

I got to school ten minutes later, and saw Kayce running through the hallways obviously late.
“Kayce! Wait up!” I yelled through the halls.
“Kayce! Kayce!” I yelled again. I guess she didn’t hear me.
My classes were the same, no one paid attention to me at all. My presence wasn’t even acknowledged.
I got home about 4:30 PM or so and the parents weren’t home yet. I figured I’ll just call Kayce and ask her what’s up and why she was ignoring me.
“Hello?” Kayce answered.
“Hey! What the hell is up with you? You keep ignoring me!” I sneered.
“Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?” Kayce asked.
“What the hell Kayce! I am talking! Stop ignoring me! Stop acting fake and just talk to me!” I yelled. Now I was getting a little antsy.
Days have passed since that stupid argument about little ol’ me forgetting the plane tickets. Is she still on that? Can’t she just get over it?
She never responded to a question I asked. So, I’m frustrated because all of my “friends” are acting fake as hell. So, I ended the call.
“Alright. Well, if you’re going be like that, don't even bother talking to me. Bye.”

I continued trying to get in touch with the others, but after about two hours of no response, I just sat down to relax my mind. Then I began to fall asleep.
I woke up about an hour later to a loud bang. I rushed to the window to see what it was, but it was nothing more but the kids on the block throwing rocks at the abandoned house across the street.
I continued to text and call my friends, but still no one responded. I called their parents and other friends to see if anyone heard from them, but no one responded to me. Something isn’t right. It’s just not right.

I decided to take a walk to help clear my mind of the stress. I walked down Eerie Avenue, where the Lincoln Cemetery is and I noticed a long row of black cars entering one after another.
“Awww, a funeral,” I thought. I may not know them but I guess I’ll be nosy.
As I’m walking through the cemetery to follow the crowd, I saw 5 other young teens, and when they turned around, they were none other than my “friends”.
“What the hell is going on?” I exclaimed.
I rushed through the crowd to greet them, knowing I’m ready to express my feelings—the anger.
As I expected, I was ignored.

Everyone was standing around the deceased person's grave, crying in pain. I moved through people, and I reached the front.
“But wait…what? Tyler…Tyler J. Marcello,” the name engraved on the stone head. “That’s my name!” My exact name.
I stood in front of everyone right next to the preacher, and informed the crowd, “I’m right here. I’m not dead people! LOOK! I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE!”
No one looked at me, listened to me, not even acknowledge that I was there. Then, I continued to shout to everyone, “Stop crying I’m right here. Mom, look at me…don’t you see me? Hunter, Kayce…please look at me, please! Stop crying! Everything’s alright, I don't want to see you hurt.”
Now, I’m crying, shedding tears of pain and sadness. No one is paying attention to me.
Then it hit me. I realized “I’m not here. I’m not here at all.” I looked down at my body and there was a glow around me.
I was stressed. Stressed about life, me, my friends, my being on earth, and the meaning of who I am. A hand full of pills and a plan B, A blooded knife on the floor next to my sisters bed .
“The Perfect Suicide Scene,” Wow, who knew that a simple argument could lead to this?
That glow that surrounded my body wasn’t just a simple glow. It was light. A light that my mother, father, friends and family saw in the distance of the funeral.
All along I was gone, thinking I was still here but I was nothing more than a walking soul.
I guess I shouldn’t have wasted my time not talking to my friends about something stupid, something that even if it couldn’t be avoided, it could’ve been solved.
"I love all of you. Remember me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Twisty. ^^ I know. Meant on Purpose.