My Smile's an Open Wound Without You

Thanks for the memories

Pete signaled to the bar tender for another beer. He’d hoped that a night out with Travis would clear his mind, but so far that wasn’t happening, and the constant thump from speakers wasn’t helping his migraine.

“Come on man!” Travis said smacking his back, and breaking into his thoughts. “You gotta loosen up! You invited me for a night out, and you've just been sitting there comatose!”

“Not comatose,” he corrected, "Just drunk," downing the last of his beer, he set the bottle down and spun his stool towards Travis. "I need another beer, and some aspirin!"

“If you keep drinking like that you’re gonna need more than aspirin in the morning!”

“Fuck off!” he said, turning his stool back away from Travis. That’s when he saw her. She had on a pair of holey jeans, and a shirt that clung to her in all the right places. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She whispered something to girl beside her, who pointed at Pete, and laughed. He was thankful, at that moment, that the club was dark enough that no one could see him blush. Busted

“Hello?” Travis said, knocking on his head, “Earth to Pete? Anyone home in there?” Pete just ignored him. “What the hell is so… Ohhhhhh,” Travis said, following Pete’s gaze. “Go for it dude! You need to get laid!”

“Will you shut up?” Pete said, finally breaking the trance.

“Buy her a drink and I’ll shut up,” Travis said with a smile.

“Promise?”

“I swear!” To prove his point Travis grabbed two beers from the bartender, putting one in each of Pete's hand and pushing him towards his target. He couldn't believe he was about to do this, but he also couldn't go back and put up with Travis again. Making a silent vow to never speak to Travis again if he ended up looking like an idiot, he made his way over to the pair, trying all the while to look cool.

The girls stopped laughing as he approached, but immediately started again when it became obvious that Pete was blushing. He cursed under his breath and made a turn to leave, but the blonde grabbed his arm before he could get away.

"I'm sorry," She said, leaving her hand on his arm. "We didn't mean to laugh at you. I just thought it was cute that you were blushing," She said, as she ushered him back to where her friend was sitting, and made room for him in the booth.

"I just came to offer you a drink," He said, taking a seat. She took the drink without hesitation, and he offered the other to her friend.

"I'm Brynn," The blonde said, holding out her hand.

"Pete," He said, taking her hand, surprised by the gesture.

"And I'm Becca," the other girl said, smiling. "Thanks for the drink,"

"Yeah," Brynn said smiling, "Thanks," God he loved her smile, and it was contagious. He wasn't aware of the goofy grin on his face until Brynn started choking on her beer. Pete patted her on the back, trying to get her to breathe again.

"You know," she said, once the coughing fit had subsided, "You should probably stop doing that,"

"Doing what?" He asked, more than a little confused.

"Staring into a girls eyes and blushing. You're gonna make people think you're a gentlemen!"

"Oh," He said, blushing again, "I didn't mean.. I mean... I need another drink. Do either of you need anything?" He was up and away from the booth before either girl had a chance to answer.

"Jack Daniels," He said to the bartender, slumping down onto a stool. What was wrong with him? He was never embarrassed... and yet he'd looked like an over ripe tomato most of the night.

"Pete, buddy! How's it going?" Travis asked, appearing beside him.

"I looked like a complete idiot," He said flatly, forgetting the vow he'd made and downing the Daniels in one swallow.

"Come on, it couldn't have been that bad!"

"Oh yes," He said, pointing to his glass for a refill, "It could,"

"Well, she's on her way over here now..."

"Fuck! What the hell am I supposed to do?!"

"Talk to her?" Travis suggested with a wink.

"Very funny. I'm being serious!"

"So am I! If she's making an effort to talk to you, she obviously likes you!"

"Or just wants to laugh at me some more..."

"She laughed at you?" Travis asked wincing.

"More than once..."

"Harsh dude," He put a full glass of Jack Daniels in front of him, "This one's on me,"

Brynn took the empty stool beside the boys and ordered a blow job. The bartender laughed and handed her a foot long tube of white liquid. Placing both hands behind her back, she picked up the tube with her mouth and downed it in one swallow. Laughing, the bartender said, "Another free blow job for you Brynn,"

Stunned, Pete just looked at her.

"Wanna try?" Brynn asked, with a suggestive wink. "If you can swallow it all at once it's free!"

"Do it dude!!" Travis said, shaking Pete's shoulders.

"All right," He said pausing "...I'll do it. Can i get a.." Pete couldn't finish the sentence.

XXX

Pete stumbled into the house, not bothering to take off his coat.

"This," He said, slurring his words beyond comprehension, "Is my crash pad," Brynn took in the scene. An obvious bachelor pad, but oddly clean. "Bedrooms this wayyy..." He said, his pants already around his ankles.

"Can I use your bathroom first?" She asked.

"It's that way..." He said, pointing in the general direction of the single hallway. She found it without much problem, and tried to stall for as long as possible. She liked him but, he was older than her... much older.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooooo.. I broke down and wrote a fan fic?

Tell me what you think.
:]