Sequel: We're together now...

I Never Would've Thought..

Chapter Twenty Three

-a day later-

Mikey’s POV

I wonder how this has happened. My head’s just too messed up to think right now. I sat down heavily on the couch and put my head in my hands. Gerard, sitting opposite me, sighed sympathetically. Then, he suddenly stood up.

“Look Mikey, I’ve been sitting here watching you pace for half and hour and I just gotta say this.” I looked up and started to say something, but noted the serious expression on his face and shut my mouth.

“We’re taking this as hard as you, Bob may be your boyfriend but he’s our friend too and we love him every bit as much as you do. So will you please not freak out, because it’s driving us mad!” He ranted. Ray and Frank who were sitting on the futon nodded in agreement. I opened my mouth ot argue but saw their point and closed it again. Then Frank started giggling. We all stared at him.

“YOU LOOKED LIKE A FISH WHEN YOU DID THAT!” And he erupted into fresh peals of laughter. I rolled my eyes as the others began to snicker.

“Now’s not the time to laugh! Bob’s fucking lost his memory and now you’re laughing about how I look like a fish!” I snapped at Frank, causing him to giggle harder.

“Now you look like a COOKED FISH!!” Frank shrieked at my reddened face, and Ray joined in too, clutching his sides.

“That’s it, Imma kill you!” I advanced towards Frank but Gerard pushed me back onto the armchair.

“That’s fucking enough!” He commanded, and Ray and Frank shut up instantly. He’d never raise his voice like that unless they were really toeing the line.

“Mikey’s gone through enough, first with Billie Joe a while ago, now this. So you guys don’t have to give him shit. He’s got enough as it is.” Ray and Frank nodded in agreement, albeit embarrassedly. I smiled at Gerard, thankful for his support. He nodded back and sat down again. I spoke again.

“I think we should go visit him.” The rest nodded again. They looked like bobbleheads. HAH! I was about to tell them that but I changed my mind, not wanting to induce the wrath of The Gerard. We brought Bob to a therapeutic spa where they helped people with sudden loss of memory gain back theirs again. We didn’t want to admit him into a loony bin, so this was our other option. But the worst part was that Bob forgot that he loved me, and forgot he was gay. I still couldn’t believe that he could forget such a thing. I mean, I know it wasn’t his fault but didn’t he love me enough? I shook myself mentally. Maybe it was a really hard blow to his head that’s all…