Sequel: We're together now...

I Never Would've Thought..

Chapter Twenty Eight

Bob’s POV

I had kinda expected Frank’s answer. How else could I explain the butterflies in my stomach, and the clamminess of my hands that plagued my physical and emotional being in the rare occasions that he came into my room. I could never understand why, so I kissed Sarah that day, just to make sure. I felt pretty guilty about just kissing her like that, but she seemed fine with it, and was just as friendly with me, like it never happened. I guess being able to overcome big things came in the criteria for voluntary work.

“HELLO???” A voice penetrated the fog of my thoughts and I pulled myself back to the hospital. For a moment I was following my thoughts up into the clouds, puffy swirls of cotton candy stroking me, coaxing me up to follow them. I focused my eyes on Frank, who was looking extremely worried, like that one name he had just said had caused me to go loony.

“Yeah, I’m with you.” I said slowly, looking up at him from beneath my blond lashes, still thinking.

“Good!” He exclaimed. The relief in his voice was imminent, and I knew what he was afraid of. That I would have a relapse. I grew angry. People were always thinking that, and they always spoke to me either like they were speaking to a child, and needed to say everything so cheerfully, or spoke to me tentatively and carefully, watching their words. I hated that. But then, I could hardly blame him. He was, after all, a good friend of mine.

“Thanks Frank, that’s all I needed to know.” I smiled at him with what I hoped was a grateful expression on my face. His shoulders relaxed considerably and the relief was obvious in his face. Suddenly, I heard voices down the hallway. Seeing me look towards the door, Frank spoke up.

“That’s probably the guys. I best get going, I’m taking Bethany out.” With that, he pranced out, whistling. Honestly, that guy could seriously mood swing sometimes. I looked at the door, as it swung shut, but it didn’t meet the frame because a hand pushed it open again, and it groaned with the deprivation of relief, preventing it from swinging into place. I looked and immediately got the butterflies in my stomach. He wasn’t all that to me, but he had such beautiful eyes. He was Mikey, I was sure.

“Ohh Mikey,” I breathed softly, making sure he didn’t hear me. I had him, the beautiful hazel-eyed creature.

Gerard’s POV

Me and the guys met Frank and Bethany out in the hall, they were just leaving. I sighed. At least he came to visit Bob. I pushed open the door and it groaned, frequent and abusive usage imminent in its age-old rusty sound and I entered the room first, the guys still talking to Frank out in the hall. Huh? I slowed in my tracks. Why the hell was Bob looking at me like that?