Sequel: We're together now...

I Never Would've Thought..

Chapter Thirty Three

Gerard's POV

I walked on the road in the chilly night air, not really caring when I was going. After Mikey went in, I ran out and didn't stop running until I reached the playground 2 blocks away. I couldn't face him, not after what happened when I was with Bob.

I trudged along, my thoughts in rhythm to my footsteps crunching on the gravel. Mikey loved Bob so much, I knew. I could see it in his eyes, and ever since Bob lost his memory and forgot Mikey, I had never seen him more broken. Not even when Billie Joe was around a couple of years back. And I didn't want to hurt him, not ever. He was my brother, and I had promised mum that when we were by ourselves, I would always watch over him, and protect him, and here I was, breaking his dear little heart.

I sank down on the sidewalk, massaging my temples. What was I going to do?

Bob's POV

After Mikey left, Sarah came in.

"Hey you," she smiled.

"Hey yourself," I greeted her.

"So what did he want?" she gestured to the door where Mikey had just left.

"Oh Mikey? Oh, nothing, just popped by to ask something," I waved vaguely, eyes on the sandwich on the tray she was holding.

"Mikey?" Sarah repeated.

"Mmhmm," I mumbled and grabbed the sandwich. Boy was I hungry, emoting can be hungry work.

Sarah's POV

"Mikey?" I asked, not sure whether I heard him correctly.

"Mmhmm," he replied and started eating with gusto.

Oh shit. He thought GERARD was MIKEY. But surely he could tell. Gerard told me all about Mikey and Bob, but surely he'd remember THAT. Does that mean... Bob loves him?? My knees weakened at the prospect of the terrifying drama ahead and I clutched the arm of the chair furtively to straighten myself.

"You mean... You mean that was Mikey?" I asked Bob, not really daring to hear the answer.

"Yup," he said, momentarily surfacing from his sandwich, before plunging in again.

"So..." I asked casually, or so I hoped. "Do you love him... I mean, still love him?"

"Yeah," he looked up at me, frowning. "What's this sudden interest in my love life?"

"Oh nothing," I smiled brightly, then walked out of the room. Once I was out, I leant against the door and pressed my hand to my chest.

Oh shit.