Sequel: We're together now...

I Never Would've Thought..

Chapter Thirty Eight

Bob's POV

Long after Gerard had left, I lay in bed musing about what he had told me. I just couldn't stop loving him and start loving someone who I had never really seen properly just because their names were the other way around. Hours later, I fell into a fitful, light sleep, troubled by my thoughts.

The twinge in my bladder woke me, and I knew that I needed to go to the bathroom. Opening my crusty eyes, I strained them, trying to see the time on the digital clock beside my bed.

"2.30?? What the fuck..." I grumbled out loud. Groaning inwardly, I got up and made my way into the bathroom. 10 minutes later, I shuffled out of the bathroom and back to my bed, flipping the switch in the bathroom off, and the room instantly plunged into darkness. Cursing, I groped my way back to the bed, and successfully managed to trip over a shoe halfway back to the bed. As the dark bed post closed in on me as I fell, I could only roll my eyes and add this to my "passing out" list I kept in my head as the dark room grew even darker.

TEN MINUTES LATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The room swung back into focus as I swirled back into conciousness. Groaning, I heaved myself into the bed, squinting at the clock. 2.55.

"What the fuck... That was weird." I muttered. A short pass out. Oh well... Shrugging, I climbed back into bed and fell asleep within minutes.

THE NEXT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
"Good morning Mr Bryar, how are you feeling?"

"Eh?" I turned over and saw a doctor, whatsisname. He had been tending to me for a while now, Sarah's volunteering period was up and she wanted to spend time with her family back in Australia.

"I said how are you feeling?" he repeated patiently.

"Oh, surprisingly good actually," I rolled over and stretched. Just then, what ever the doctor said next reflected off sudden thoughts as they came to me, rushing from the distance and punching me in the face, like a roaring freight train, in very surprising focus. My eyes widened and bulged, and my mouth hung open as familiar images came rushing into my head. I must've looked terrifying because the next thing I knew, the doctor had me by my shoulders, shaking the bejabbers out of me.

"Huh...?" I said dumbly, staring at him.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT???" he yelled, face very red.

"Yes..." I said slowly. "In fact, never better." He looked at me strangly and I said slowly, not really sure how to put this.

"I think... I... Remember..."