We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Thirteen

Mikey's POV

I lay awake long after Gee fell asleep, just thinking. I wasn't stupid. I was outside when Gee received that call. I had retrieved his cell and checked his received calls list and I saw, whoo, big shocker there, Bert's name pop up. Only he would have caused such a reaction in Gerard. I knew about his past. Who was he kidding. The times when he staggered home in the middle of the night, I was always awake, listening for him. The times when he would crouch in a fetal position in his bed, afraid to sleep soundly, I was there watching over him. The times when he cringed at people's touch, I saw every ounce of pain and fear etched into his face. The make up he wore to hide the bruises, I saw under it all. I knew everything, what Bert did to him, and how Bert drove him to the point of near insanity and paranoia. Wonder what the motherfucker wanted now. Gee was just beginning to live normally again, and the last thing I want would be Mr Mc-stupid-Cracken to come back and ruin him again. After all that he went through, my poor baby may not get 'better' ever again. I hugged him tighter and a sigh of content escaped from his beautiful lips. I kissed them softly and he smiled slightly. I whispered to him.

"I'll always be here for you, now and forever more. Goodnight, my love."