We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Thirty Two

Mikey's POV

It was an hour since Gerard left for the drinks and we were getting worried. Well, I was the one getting worried for the right reason, the other fucking selfish bastards were just thirsty. Suddenly my mobe rang.

"Mr Way?" the prim voice on the other line spoke.

"Yeah?" I replied, laughing a little, still enjoying the party. If I had known, I wouldn't be laughing. Damn, I definitely wouldn't be.

"This is Marymount Hospital. I'm afraid I have some bad news." the practiced voice on the other line said, having said this line thousands of times before, knew exactly how to sound.

"It's about your brother." it continued. The world suddenly turned red, everything tinted in various shades, and there was a high pitched sound in my ears. Dropping the phone from my suddenly numb hands, I crumpled to the floor. Oh God, not again. I heard faint voices asking my what was wrong, and I heard a funny disembodied voice tell them. That didn't sound like me, not at all. I pulled myself down back to earth and just ran out of the door. Fleeing from myself, running to the place I most hated to go. The place that I was going to for the same reason as when I went there the last time.