We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Forty Four

Mikey’s POV

I was still sitting on the couch. I didn’t know how long I have been here, but I didn’t care. I was in a box everyday, but if I concentrated hard enough, I would get enveloped in a warm yellow cloud, all things light and cozy. And I’d be pulled up and away from this dirty, dark place, drifting into the heavens where everything was alright and I didn’t have to think about anything. Think about my hurt. No one could hurt a floating person. A car pulled into the driveway and shortly after, the door opened. The loud sounds jolted me out of my mind and pulled me back down to earth and I was left cold in my old body and forever in pain on the couch. The door opened and, no it couldn’t be. My mind was always playing tricks on me, why would this time be any different? It wasn’t easy when you were pulled out from a cloud. I felt all messed up, which wasn’t new. Hallucinations, and hearing things, they were part of my life now. But it got me every time. Loneliness tugged at my heart and it hurt more this time. I managed to get away with not having hallucinations for a long time, then it just came back. Tears pricked at my eyes but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the beautiful image in the doorway. He looked exactly the same as when he left and my heart broke, knowing it would never be him, just a figment of my pining imagination. For there in the doorway stood the image I saw everyday in my mind’s eye and heart. The image that belonged to the person that had my whole heart and my entire being. That person being none other than Gerard.