We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Fifty Seven

Gerard's POV

I stood at the foot of the bed and pulled on my trousers, smiling lightly at the sleeping Mikey on the bed. His eyelashes graced his cheek, his chest rose and fell as he breathed evenly. I stood there and forgot about pulling on my jeans.

MY Mikey, I thought, and realised how lucky I was. Oh so lucky. I heard two knocks on the front door, and I frowned. Who could it be so early? I heard Ray, who was sitting at the table with Frank, get up to answer the door. I had a strange feeling in my gut, and I walked to the door and stood near the frame, without opening it, listening hard.

"Yes Sir. No Sir. I'll keep an eye out for him, thanks." I heard Ray say. A few more murmurs were heard, then I heard the door close. I immediately opened the door and dashed out.

"Ray? Who was that?" I asked him, already frantic. Ray was walking back to the kitchen, looking nervously at Frank, and when he saw me, he jumped.

"That was the fuzz," he said, hesitating.

"Oh great," I threw my hands up in the air and rolled my eyes. "Don't tell me, they're looking for me."

"Yeah..." Ray said regretfully. "What're you gonna do?"

"Well, we wanted to talk to you about something," I sat down and snagged Frank's coffee, much to his bleary eyed indignation, and took a huge gulp.

"What?" Ray asked, sitting down next to me.

"We thought that Mikey and I would move out, cause we didn't wanna impose anymore," Ray opened his mouth, probably to insist that we weren't, but I put up my hand to stop him.

"It's fine, I'm thinking Mikey and I should get an apartment together, and you guys don't have to walk in on us sleeping together," I grinned at that, remembering Frank's shocked face appearing behind Ray's as they found us in HIS room sleeping, sans clothes.

"Well, alright, if that's what you want," Ray said slowly.

"Yeah, it is." A voice came from the kitchen door frame, making us all jump. I turned around to see a tired looking Mikey. I got up and kissed him on the lips.

"Guess you heard all that eh?" I asked Mikey nervously.

"Yeah, don't worry, we'll leave as soon as possible, I won't let them take you away from me, not again," Mikey said and put his arms around my waist and pulled me close. I giggled, then remembered myself, and stopped. Mikey just smiled and kissed me again. And as he kissed me, I became the total softie I was, and melted into Mikey, knowing that I could never bear to be apart from my brother again.