We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Fifty Eight

Mikey's POV

"Gee?" I asked Gerard. We were sitting in the living room, and Gerard was looking over our bank books, accounting for our expenses. He had little habits like those that were hard to lose, a little annoying, but it was an adorable quirk.

"Hmm?" He replied, not looking up from his calculator, fingers never slowing down, frown on his brow.

"Well, I was thinking..." I crossed the room and sat on the arm of the chair he was in, and wrapped my arms around his head and started stroking his hair. "We marry in our new apartment." I finished.

"Wha-what?" Gerard jerked a little and shot his head up to look at me. One look at his wide eyes and I knew that all thoughts of balances and accounts were driven out of his head.

"Yeah, cause it'll be nice and small, and we can have a house warming party at the same time," I put across to him. "Why? You don't like it?"

"No, it's just that, where are we gonna get a house?" Gerard asked, clearly frazzled and confused.

"Well," I bounced on the armchair excitedly. "I kinda, found us an apartment!!!" I yelled out, unable to contain my excitement and act sensibly. Gerard blinked at me, and I confirmed. "I'm not kidding."

"Woah! That's... That's just... Awesome!!!" Gerard yelled and stood up, sweeping me off the armchair and twirling me round the room in his arms. I hooted gleefully and wrapped my arms around his neck. Gerard set me down and kissed me on the lips, then he pulled away and frowned.

"Wait a minute.. Where'd you get the money... Oh no. It was you, wasn't it!!" Gerard said accusingly, a smile in his eyes.

"Yup..." I knew exactly what he was talking about. The large sum of money withdrawn from our joint bank account to pay for the house was what he was talking about.

"But it's not as if we're strapped for cash!!" I defended childishly, making him smile full out.

"Alright... But at least tell me first. I was wondering what you needed that for, it was driving me crazy!" Gerard complained. I smiled, knowing how it killed him to not know things.

"Okay, I promise to do that next time. That is, IF there's a next time," I laughed, and Gerard laughed along with me.

"Actually... It's an apartment," I added, after our laughter died down.

"Hmm, well, I guess I'm okay with that, all that extra space if we got a house, we'll just be like two beans rattling around in a can," Gerard said thoughtfully, making me giggle madly at the picture of two beans rolling around in a huge empty house.

"So... Where's the place?" Gerard asked, leaning back into the couch.

"Oh yeaaaah..."I dragged out the "yeah" reluctantly. "I was gonna talk to you about that..."

"Mikey," Gerard said sternly. "Where's the damn place?"