We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter Fifty Nine

Mikey's POV

Uh oh.

Gerard leaned forward, face straight now, looking stern.

"Well...?"

I gulped.

"Uh... Rainbow Street."

--An Hour Later--

"I still can't fucking believe this!" Gerard fumed, throwing his hands up into the air. Frank, Ray, Bob and I sat around the table; everyone looking amused but me. I was hanging my head miserably.

"Aww, give him a break, Gee..." cooed Frank.

"But... It's Rainbow fucking Street!!" yelled Gerard, looking flustered.

"But Gerard... I told you, it was on sale! And it's perfectly furnished and sized..." I said, sounding a little pitiful, but hey, I needed all the pity I could get.

"Yeah, but man, how do we know that the people there aren't... Freaks or something?? Really... Words fail me, little brother, really..."

"Look, Gerard, I've enough. They're normal people, just like us! Who is there left to care what we do? I'm sick of hiding what we have, and that place is exactly where we don't have to! Are you ashamed of me? Wel, don't go around judging, Father Righteous, because in case you haven't noticed, we're exactly. Like. Them." I said, fed up, and stalked out the door, leaving Gerard staring after me.

"Go after him, man," Ray said softly, and Gerard grumbled a bit, but followed him out all the same.

I sat outside on the porch, fuming silently. Suddenly I heard the door open, and Gerard came out and sat down beside me.

"Look, Mikes, I'm sorry. I can never be ashamed of you, I love you much more than my life. And there's really nothing wrong with us living there. I was just... Being a drama queen," said Gerard, surprisingly remorseful. I turned to him, my anger melting away. I knew it was hard for him to throw aside his pride and admit that he was wrong, so he was really sincere about this.

"It's okay Gee.. I should've told you," I said, in a way of accepting his apology. He smiled at me, and I leaned in to kiss him. And it's amazing when two people fight, but can make up in as few words as possible. But for both of us, it wasn't really amazing. Because it wasn't me, or I, or him. It was Us.