Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

012

I headed into the cafeteria, half expecting to see his seat empty, but it wasn’t, he was sat, in his usual spot, the seat opposite him completely empty. I bought myself a plate of fries and headed over to his table, hovering anxiously by the empty chair opposite him. He looked up at me, one eyebrow raised.

“Are you going to sit down, or just stand there for the rest of lunch?” he asked, smiling gently. I returned the smile and sat down opposite him, dropping my bag onto the floor. There was silence for a while as we ate, but then Gerard spoke again. “Y’know, I still don’t completely forgive you.” He said, I sighed, I had expected as much. “But, I kinda like having you as a friend, and if that means that I have to deal with this ridiculous infatuation you have with me, then so be it.” He explained and my mouth dropped slightly, this I hadn’t expected.

“Wait… so… you’re just... okay with it?” I asked

“Frank, I think you’re insane.” He admitted, “But I’m not going to lose a friend just because they think they’re in love with me. I’d rather pretend I’m okay with it, than say I’m not and lose a friendship.” He added, “but one thing you need to understand is that nothing is ever going to happen between us… at least not in that way.”

I nodded and swallowed the fries I had begun to eat while he was talking, before replying.

“Okay. I guess if you’re willing to forget the fact that I’m a complete prick, then I can do you the decency of keeping my mouth shut about the fact that I like you more than I should.” I told him, he said nothing, but smiled gently at me and picked up the sandwich that had been sat in front of him, and took a bite.

- - -

I quickly pushed my books into my locker and shrugged on my Jacket before closing my locker door with a snap, to find Mikey stood behind it. I paused nervously, half expecting him to shout at me, but after a moment of silence, he broke into a smile and pulled me into a hug.

“Thanks.” He mumbled, as we pulled away again, I frowned in confusion. “Gerard.” He stated, “I passed him earlier, and he was humming, so that had to be a good thing.” He smiled, “But just promise me one thing, that you’ll never do anything like this again.”

“I’m not that stupid, Mikey.” I told him.

“Good, because if you do. I will kill you.” He replied, his face deadly serious. I just stood there, not exactly sure what to say, if anything, after a moment he broke out into a wide smile and headed off down the corridor, patting me briefly on the shoulder as he went. I paused for as moment as my brain attempted to register what had happened, and whether or not he was serious before heading out towards the school gates, where Gerard was stood, leant casually against the wall.

He looked up as I approached and smiled, his face falling slightly when I reached him and he saw the confusion that was still apparent in my features.

“You have, the weirdest little brother in the world.” I told him, he opened his mouth to speak but then stopped and thought for a moment before shrugging, and with that, we started down the road towards the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaack! Missed me?

Sorry it's been so long, but there's been so much going on for me, I've had exams and coursework, and my personal life has just been full of drama recently, plus I've been visited by my good old friend writers block, yet again, sorry it's short and kinda suckish but, I'm gonna try to start updating regularly again from now on, so hopefully things'll get better. :)

Comments make me smile. :)