Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

014

‘You’re mad at me,” Gerard stated, breaking the silence that I knew had slowly been driving him insane. I looked up from my lunch, and shrugged.

“I’m not mad.” I told him, before letting my eyes drift back down to the faded yellow lunch table, as I picked up my sandwich and took a bite.

“Yes you are. This is the first time you’ve spoken to me all day, and if I hadn’t of started the conversation in the first place, we’d still be sat in silence! You’re mad at me.” He replied, I sighed and looked up again.

“I’m not mad.” I repeated, “If anything I’m doing you a favor, because the one thing I want to have a conversation about right now is the one thing you don’t want to talk about, so really, in not talking to you, I’m doing a good thing.” I told him, he bit his lip, dropping his gaze to the plate of fries in front of him. “I’m not trying to make you feel bad, Gee, I’m trying to make things easier for you.” I added, his head shot up, his brow creased in confusion.

“Wait… Wh-what did you just say?” he asked.

“I said I’m not trying to make you feel bad.” I repeated.

“After that,” he pressed.

“I’m trying to make things easier?” I asked unsurely, he shook his head.

“Before that.”

“Okay you’ve lost me.” I admitted, he rolled his eyes.

“No, you… you called me Gee.” He stated, I shrugged,

“Is that a bad thing?”

“No… it was just… weird, that’s all.” He replied, I nodded, and slowly turned back to my lunch, letting the silence fall over the two over us again, but it wasn’t long before Gerard sighed and broke it again. “Look, I know how you… think you feel, but… I really don’t think it would work out between us, and… even if it did I… I’m not gay. I never will be, it’s not who I am, and I’m sorry but, that’s just the way it is.” He said in a hushed tone, leaning forward slightly as he spoke. I looked up at him, quickly searching his eyes for… anything.

“You haven’t even tried.” I whispered.

“I can’t.” he replied. “I really wish I could, but, it’s just too weird, I’m sorry.” He added sincerely, I sighed and opened my mouth to reply just as the bell rang, I glanced up towards the ceiling before looking back at him.

“Fine.” I told him, “if that’s the way you feel, then fine.” I added, he smiled slightly as we both rose from our seats. “But I’m not giving up, Gerard.” I added, he frowned again, “we’re meant to be together, and I’m gonna make you realize that… no matter what it takes.” I told him, and with that I walked away, leaving him stood, dumbstruck in the middle of the almost empty cafeteria.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologies for shortness & delay. : )

You'll notice that i changed the name from 'Oxygen' to 'Your Gonna Love Me', simply because the original title doesn't really fit much with the way the story is going, and I think that 'YGLM' just fits the story a lot better.

Any thoughts on the chapter and new title?