Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

015

This whole ‘being friends’ situation with Gerard was seriously beginning to bug me, of course I’d had my issues with it from the start, but now, I was really starting to get pissed off. Every time the subject was brought up Gerard would brush it off again. It was becoming incredibly difficult to convince him we were meant to be, when he refused to listen to me, and to be quite honest, it was really starting to frustrate me… in every way.

Of course I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t like having Gerard as a friend, because I do, truly, he really does bring out the good in me, and not too long ago, I wasn’t all that concerned that I had any good in me, so where the hell he found it, I couldn’t be too sure. But I liked it.

Of course I’d like it a whole lot more if he’d just admit that he was in love with me.

* * *

“So,” I began as I collapsed onto Gerard’s bed. “What are we doing this weekend?” I asked as I picked up the Batman comic that lay beside me, and flipped through it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gerard slowly spin around on his chair to face me, and I dropped the comic back onto the bed, turning to face him.

“Who said we were doing anything?” he asked, one eyebrow raised. I shrugged, folding my hands behind my head as I looked up at the ceiling.

“Well I don’t see why we wouldn’t be,” I replied, he scoffed.

“Well did it never occur to you that I was busy this weekend?” he asked; now it was my turn to scoff.

“Why the hell would you be busy?” I asked as I pushed myself into a sitting position. “You’re just as lonely as I am, and I’m not busy.” I told him, his expression hardened slightly and he turned back to his drawing. I frowned slightly and pushed myself up, heading over to his desk. “What did I do?” I asked, he said nothing. “Gerard?” I prompted. He sighed and tossed his pencil down, pushing himself away from the desk.

“The same thing you always do, Frank! We can’t even have one decent day together without you either not thinking and being insensitive and arrogant, or bringing up-.” He stopped himself mid-rant and took a breath, before finishing, “…that.”

“That’s because I am insensitive and arrogant!” I defended, “and maybe if you weren’t so determined to pretend like you don’t feel the same way, then it wouldn’t be such a problem!” I retorted.

“I don’t feel the same way, Frank!” he replied and flung himself out of his chair, crossing to the other side of the room. “I don’t! I am not like you! I don’t want to be like you! And you would think – considering you do it so often – that someone like you would recognize rejection when they get it!” he exclaimed. My expression hardened as I slowly crossed the room towards him.

“I’m Frank fucking Iero.” I stressed through gritted teeth. “I don’t get rejected.” I told him. “And I also don’t believe a word that you say.” I told him, my tone softening as I spoke. “But I get it, this is a difficult thing to come to terms with. But you’ll come around soon enough, and when you do. I’ll be here.” I told him, reaching out to gently caress his cheek. He quickly drew away, averting his gaze.

“Get out,” he said bluntly, I smirked and backed towards the door.

“You’ll come around,” I told him, “they always do,” I added before I disappeared out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so. I apologize for leaving you for so long, but finding the inspiration for this is getting so difficult. I know where I want this story to go, I just don't know how to get there, and finding the time also isn't easy.

Again I'm sorry for the delay. Hope you like the update. :)