Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

002

“Stop it.” Mikey muttered angrily from my side, I changed my gaze to look at him.

“What?” I asked.

“Staring at him.” He replied. “He’s not interested in you, so just leave him alone.” He added, I just looked at him, one eyebrow raised, then turned back to look at Gerard for a moment. I’d had my mind made up ever since I’d gotten out of bed this morning, today was the day.

“Not yet he doesn’t, no.” I replied with a smile, before standing up, picking up my bag and throwing it over my shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Mikey asked, I smirked.

“Getting his attention.” I replied simply, then grabbed a handful of his fries and stuffed them into my mouth before heading over to the table where Gerard sat alone for lunch each day; I swallowed quickly before I reached him, not once taking my eyes away from his face. I stopped at his table, my eyes still on his face, watching as he read. After a few moments he stopped reading, set down his comic and looked up at me, a confused expression set upon his face.

“Can I help you?” he asked. I shrugged.

“You looked lonely,” I said, pulling up a chair and sitting down opposite him, setting my bag on the floor.

“Uhm… well, thanks for the consideration, but really, I’m fine.” He replied, looking over my shoulder, most likely at Mikey, who I knew would have been watching.

“If that was your way of politely trying to get rid of me, it’s not gonna work,” I told him. He looked back at me and sighed. I raised my eyebrows. “Oh now come on, don’t be like that. I’m not that annoying.” I told him, he looked back over my shoulder again. I leaned forward, lowering my voice as I spoke, “despite what Mikey’s told you.” He looked back at me again, his eyes locking with mine for a moment, before he cleared his throat and looked down at his lunch. I smirked and sat back in my chair. He looked up at me.

“Frank? Right?” he asked, I nodded. “Look, Frank, you’re very… nice. But I have things to do, so, I’ll see you around.” He said, smiling slightly before picking up his comic, which I had previously noticed was X-Men, and headed out of the cafeteria. I simply sat there, watching him until he disappeared. Then, only seconds later Mikey sat opposite me, smirking.

“Told you.” He told me, clearly satisfied with the way Gerard had re-acted to my approach. I laughed lightly and leaned forward.

“Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, this is just the beginning. If you think that I’m just going to change my mind about him after this. Then you don’t know me at all. Yeah, he doesn’t like me. I understand that. And I respect his honesty. But I will change his mind. You can bet on that.” I told him with a smile. And with that I pushed myself up from my seat, and headed out of the room. He would realize it eventually. They both would. Gerard and I were meant to be.