Sequel: But You Loved Me
Status: Completed. Thank you all for all the love you've given this. Much appreciated. x

You're Gonna Love Me

004

“How did you get here so fast?” Gerard asked as he unlocked the front door that I had been stood outside for the past ten minutes.

“I walk fast,” I shrugged simply as I followed him into the house.

“My room’s in the basement,” he said, pointing towards a door, which I assumed led to his room. “I’ll be right there. Don’t touch anything,” he added and headed up the stairs. I shrugged, pulled open the door, and then started down the stairs towards his room.

I pushed the wooden door at the bottom of the stairs open, and headed into the dark room. The only light coming from a small window, I noticed a small light switch on the wall and quickly flicked it on, a dim light filling the room. The walls were black, and covered in posters and drawings – mainly of bands like the Misfits and Iron Maiden, and cartoon drawings of some sort. I had to be honest, the kid had taste.
There were two desks in the room, one directly underneath the window which was littered with pieces of paper, and a multitude of pens and pencils, and the other sat at the end of the bed, – which was dressed – like the walls – in plain black covers – on which sat a laptop, and a stack of school books.
I walked over to the first desk, now noticing that the pieces of paper actually contained drawings, much like the ones on the walls, only unfinished versions, I assumed. I sifted through them, amazed. I’d never had him down as an artist. As far as I had known, he was just a comic book nerd. I hadn’t realized he actually drew comics as well as read them.

“What did I say about touching?” his voice asked, drawing me from my thoughts. I turned around to see him stood in the doorway, his eyebrows raised as he watched me.

“I… sorry,” I replied, clearing my throat. He smiled, headed over to the laptop and sat down. I crossed the room myself, and sat down on the edge of the bed as he switched it on. “You draw?” I asked, he turned around to look at me.

“Yeah,” he replied with a shrug and then turned back to his laptop.

“You’re pretty good.” I stated.

“Thanks,” he smiled as he loaded up a blank document. “So, what is this History essay about exactly?” he asked, I hesitated and he turned around to look at me. “You have no idea do you?” he asked, I shook my head. He sighed, “Gimme a second.” He said and headed out of the room.

I sat for a moment or two, just waiting, but after a while I found myself drawn back to the pile of drawings on his desk, my fingers tracing over the delicate pencil lines. I’d never really been one for art, but a quick glance at his and I knew that he had talent.
“You’re still touching.” His voice floated over from the doorway, drawing me back to reality. I turned to look at him.

“Sorry,” I apologized again; he smiled and gestured to the chair in front of the laptop. I crossed the room and sat down, my eyes focusing on the blank screen.

“Alright, so, luckily I did this last year, and got an A. So this is what you have to do,” he said and set a sheet of paper in front of me, “and this is my old essay,” he added, setting it down on the desk beside me. “Oh, and don’t even think about copying it, because I will know. I’ll be over here if you need me.” He finished and headed over to his other desk, picked up a pencil and began to draw. I sighed, picked up the sheet of paper that had been put in front of me, and began to read.

- - -

“It took you four hours to write two paragraphs?” Gerard asked in amazement. I shrugged, he sighed. “Y’know Frank, you’re a smart kid. You just have a very low attention span.” He said, I shrugged again, my attention span wasn’t usually that bad; it was only because he had been in the room that I had been somewhat distracted. It’s difficult to focus on something as boring as history when you’ve got someone as beautiful as him sitting in the very same room as you.

“I should get going.” I said as I stood up.

“Same time tomorrow,” he said, I nodded and headed out of the room and up the stairs. ”Frank!” he called just as I’d reached the top of the stairs; I turned to look at him. “I think I misjudged you the other day. You’re not actually a bad guy,” he said, I simply smiled at him and the headed out of the front door. I had to agree with him, I had been on my best behavior today. As I said before, I’d play along… for now.