Ocean's Call

Sunrise

Image
The sun arose, peeking from storm clouds, casting an orange glow across the calm sea, the parrotfinches chirping, filling the Colo-i-Suva rain forest as Hailey awoke up from the hemp hammock strung up by coconut palm trees.

"Mmm." Hailey groaned as she squinted, rubbing her sea glass blue eyes and stretched her abs, yawning loudly.

She sat on the hammock, leaning slightly to look down and get a good view of the South Pacific.

Staring briefly at the 13.5 meter infinity lap pool with the manmade rushing waterfall, she looked around, realizing it's too quiet.

"DoDo?" she suddenly called out, hearing a slight rustle from the the vibrant hibiscus bushes behind the hammock.

DoDo waddled out and grunted, nudging Hailey's legs as she picked him up, ruffling his white feathers and hugged him tightly.

Prodding Hailey's hands for food, he grunted and stared at Hailey, waiting for her to give him his breakfast.

Hailey grinned as he impatiently grunted, fluttering to the ground, pointing his beak at the pool bar.

She sighed and climbed out of the hammock, following DoDo to the volcanic rock bar and bent down as she opened the rust-proof mini refrigerator that held his food.

She picked up a couple of dead Asiatic glassfishes, his favorite fish and took out the water bowl, placing the dead fish in there.

He grunted excitedly and quickly gobbled the fishes up and happily waltzed away, doing his "I JUST GOT FED!" happy dance then dove into the pool, swimming around peacefully.

"Cassie! Brittan!" Hailey bellowed as she ran into the house, feeling the familiar shimmerfly glass kitchen tiles, heading into the kitchen, snatching a banana from a banana pod hanging from a nearby banana tree right next to the open window onto the counter and walked into the sun room, finding Cassie, the hypersomiac as usual sprawled out on the cushy teal lounge chair, her face covered by pitch black hair.

"Casssssss!" Hailey hoarsely whispered, staring at a stack of Nylon magazines on the glass table.

Cassie sprung up, her jet-black hair poofy covering her face, and blew the hairs away from her face.

"Waves?" she prompted, pulling her hair into a messy up-do and rolled out of the lounge chair and walked to the large bay window and eyed the South Pacific.

"I think there's a storm's coming today. And it's too calm." Hailey pouted, tossing the banana to the disappointed looking Cassie.

She walked out of the sun room and walked upstairs, the wall adorned by photographs of Hailey, Cassie and Brittan's friends.

She turned right on Brittan's room, opened the door, slamming it into the wall, turning on the lights and screamed "BRITTAN!"

She does this every single Saturday because its utterly impossible to wake him up alone with a nudge.

"AH!" Brittan screamed, springing from bed, grabbing the baseball bat lying on the floor and held it, aiming to hit the so called intruder as he looked around the room before his eyes landed on me.

"Heya bedhead." he greeted, shaking his brownie colored hair out of his face.

"Hiya butt head. Turn on the surf radio!" Hailey insisted she ran out of his room just in time before he whipped a throw pillow at her.

"MISSED ME!" Hailey cackled as she ran downstairs, and skipped the rest of the way to the kitchen, helping her self to a golden apple.

"Waves are just crappy. It's supposed to rain too." Brittan said as he slid into the kitchen, wearing his socks.

"Like I don't have that figured." Hailey shrugged, disappointed theres hardly any storm waves.

"Can we go swimming today?" Cassie asked, hoping we can do something today as she came into the kitchen, plopping her self onto the bar stool, reaching for the bottle of Bella Sera Cherry Pomegranate wine from the wine cooler.

"Hold off the drinking for a sec, Cass!" Hailey laughed, as she crunched into the golden apple.

"I willllll." Cassie sighed as she put it back into the wine cooler, making a PUH-CLUNK.

"Oh somebody needs to shut the storm shutters." Brittan added, looking at both of them, hoping one of them will volunteer to do it.

"I ain't doin' it." Hailey answered as she shook her head vicariously and tossed the apple core into the trash can.

"Ugh, I'll do it." Brittan whined, giving in to Hailey's no and Cassie's silent no as she shook her head and stomped out the back door.

"We can't keep doing this to Brittan every time there's a storm!" Cassie giggled, turning to DoDo who just came in and handed him the rest of her banana.

"Do you seriously want to get a ladder and climb two stories to shut ALL shutters?" Hailey asked, grinning as she walked to the stainless refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water, sipping it.

"Nah." Cassie shrugged, taking off her oversize football jersey, revealing a grey tank.

Taking a water pitcher, she walked up to the overhanging plants and watered the blooming pink Torch Gingers and white with pink edges Shell Ginger Tropical Ornamentals.

"I'ma call Kiersten." Hailey grinned as she picked up the phone from the granite counter near the blender and punched in the number and waited as it rang three times.

"HAILLLLLL!"

"Kiersten! Bring your ass over here."

"Okay dokey!"

"Sweeet, see you in a few!"

Then hung up the phone.

"Wait, Casssssie, we gotta get changed!" Hailey giggled, realizing they're still in their jimjams.

"Fear not! MISSY BIKINI IS HERE!" Cassie shouted, striking a superman pose as she took off her tank and shorts revealing a neon orange bikini.

"I'm clean!" she boasted as she skipped into the breezeway and ran outside, doing a flip into the pool, making a splash.

"HEY! WAIT FOR ME!" Hailey yelled back as she quickly took off her lime green cami and Nike shorts, wearing her favorite Billabong tye-dye blue/green bikini and took off after Cassie, making a splash into the water.

We are always prepared.

"Heeeeey!" A golden red head arrived, her sea foam green eyes twinkling and her dimples surfacing, Kiersten shouted as she came around the house, tossing her phone onto the entertainment bar and dove swiftly into the water.

"Kiersten!" Cassie shouted, dog paddling towards her and proceeded to tackle her, laughing like a maniac.

"Look at chu ladies." Brittan teased, as he looked down from the large balcony with the view of the rain forest, pool and the South Pacific.

"Brittan, throw down some towels!" Hailey requested, pointing at the drying individuals pink, green and teal striped super soft towels hanging on the railing.

He tossed them down, making a WHUMP on the lounge chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hypersomia/Hypersomiac - The opposite of Insomnia/Insomniac