Sequel: Where's My Romeo?
Status: Finshed

Who Said Romeo was the Perfect Man

On the Down Low

“Would you want to go out with me?” he asked.

“I would love to, but I think we should keep our relationship on the down low though.”

“I think you’re right, but I still want to be around you.”

“But what are we going to say when people ask why we’re spending so much time together?” I asked.

“Well, we could tell them that we are just really good friends,” he said simply.

“Ha, and they’ll think friends with benefits,” I said as we walked into Hot Topic.

“Well, I could stand that,” he said laughing. “I’m going to go to one of the sports store. I’ll back later.”

“Okay,” I said. He kissed me on the top of the head again and turned around and walked away. I walked into that back and put my stuff down and clocked in. I walked back in and saw Katie sitting on the counter eating Skittles. She was smiling at me.

“So what happened between you and Andrew? You two seem a lot closer today.”

“Nothing happened between us,” I said looking away.

“Okay, now I know something happened because fucking friends don’t kiss like you two were just doing so tell me the fucking truth,” she said while she was swinging her legs back and forth.

“Alright, I’ll tell you, but there isn’t much to tell.” I told her everything that had happened last night and this morning.

“Wow, I cannot fucking believe it,” she said.

“Just don’t tell anybody. I don’t want it to be public just yet.”

“You in hell am I going to tell,” she said smiling.

“Well, you know the trip to Chicago that Jeremy asked me to take. He gave me four tickets and I was wondering if you wanted to come. YouMeAtSix is going to be there,” I said smiling.

“What?! Of course I would fucking love to go. When is it?” she asked jumping up and down.

“Its Halloween weekend.”

“Oh, I would have to ask for it off though,” she said. “By the way, we got several new shipments in.”

I went into the back and brought out a box of new Green Day shirts and started hanging them up. After I got done with that, I restocked some CDs and hair dye. I was sitting on the counter watching Katie help out with a customer. I think the person Katie was helping didn’t speak English because both of them were getting really mad. Finally, the lady just left. Katie walked over to me and leaned against the counter.

“I couldn’t understand a fucking word she said,” Katie said.

“I think she was French," I said. She gave me a weird look. “At the end she was swearing in French. I only know like swear words.”

“Then why didn’t you help her?”

“What was I going to do? Convince her to buy something buy swearing at her. Yeah, that would’ve gone over great.” She was about to walk away when I remembered something. “Hey Katie, could you take my shift tonight. Andrew volunteered me to help out during the football team.”

“Yeah, sure. I could do that.”

Andrew came in and walked over to the counter where I was sitting.

“Sorry I’m late. I got caught up at a store,” he said.

“Its fine,” I said kissing him. He pulled away looking over towards Katie. “Don’t worry, she kinda figured it out.”

“Abby, I am going to go to lunch so try not to burn the store down,” Katie said as she left the store.

“Does she know what happened in LA?” he asked.

“Nope. So what time is it?”

“It is 1:30. So what are we going to do?”

“Well, I have to work.”

“But what am I going to do?”

“I don’t know. Go organize all the CDs.”

“But that’s not my job,” he said smiling.

“Fine, I’ll do that and you can watch.”

“I can live with that,” he said as he followed me over to the CDs. “So what do you want to do during your lunch break?”

“Um, maybe eat lunch,” I said smiling.

“But where?”

“I don’t care. The food court will be fine.”

We waited for Katie to come back from her lunch so that I could go on mine. Andrew and I were sitting on the counter playing thumb wars when Katie finally came in. We walked out of the store holding hands.

“So its my birthday next week,” Andrew said.

“Really? Mine is the week after. What do you want for your birthday?” I asked.

“I don’t care.”

“Then why did you say anything?”

“I don’t know. You don’t have to get me anything just spend the entire day with me. Wow, that sounded cheesy.”

“That does sound cheesy, but I can do that,” I said smiling.

“Good, so what do you want for your birthday?” he asked.

“Well, all I want is to do that prank to Brie.”

“The one where we go in and take all of her clothes and do the music thing?”

“Yep,” I said.

“I would love to do that with you.”

“We need to start planning. I think we need at least two more people besides us, Chad, and Beca.”

“Um, what about Robert?”

“Isn’t his girlfriend on the cheerleading squad with Brie?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What about Tim? I don’t think he likes her that much.”

“Yeah, that could work, but would you get jealous with him around?” I asked smiling.
“Why would I? I think it might be funny watching him want something he can’t have.”

“Okay, but who else?”

“That would probably be enough, right? Five of us?”

“Yeah, it’ll work,” I said. We got in line to get our food and then we went over and sat down at a table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone out there who is reading my story.
Please comment
xoxo