Sequel: Pretty Bird

People Got A Lotta Nerve

Lets Get ***ed Up And Die; Motion City Soundtrack

"See you had a wild night. Look what the cat dragged in." Sometimes it was just too easy to mess with Emma. And at 3 am, after a good 2 hours of uninterrupted Project Runway, Christian Siriano had inspired my bitchy side to come out.

"Good morning, Chrissssy" Emma sing-songed, slipping her shoes off by the front door and collapsing onto the couch next to me. "Hows the ice cream treating ya?"

I shoveled a huge spoon of cake batter ice cream into my mouth, signaling my response. Emma laughed some more, and pushed herself deep into the couch. She stretched her long arms up, exposing her midriff from her rising wife beater, and relaxed once again.

The silence lasted about 5 minutes, with me shoveling ice cream into my mouth like a was a concentration camp survivor, and Emma zoned out in her own little world. Finally, I decided it would be best to let her out of her misery.

"So, I assume you want to tell me about Jamie the fox, or you wouldn't be out here anymore..."

She smiled brightly, and sat up, indian style, her big blue eyes staring at me intently.

"He introduced me to his friends."

"So he has a social life?! Most serial killers are not capable of having relationships! This is a good thing!" I rolled my eyes.

This didn't phase Emma at all. "And he took me back stage, and showed me all his guitars, and he is soo cute, I love his eyes. He showed me where all the bands hang out before going on, and he showed me all the set lists from tonight! He is so cool and hot and sexy and cute and fun!"

I could just about see her eyes glaze over thinking about this 'foxy boy'. "So, when does he leave to go to the next show or whatever?" I tried my hardest to sound interested.

Emma didn't stop speaking. "He's from Berkeley, and he used to go to school there but then he dropped out to be in a band and that's where he got his connections and now he's teching because his band broke up but he wants to find another one and I think he will he is so good I think I might be in love Chrissy!"

"So when's he leave?"

Her lips, which were originally bright red from lipstick were now i mix of coral and her pale skintone, began to curl downward at the ends. "Well..."

"Well what?" I was growing impatient. I was so used to Emma having her boy of the week and moving on, but she normally didn't torture me by divulging every little secret in the middle of my Project Runway-fest.

"See....the bands are all staying here for a while, because, you see the next show that was supposed to be in Long Beach got canceled, so the next show is in Los Angeles but it is a week away..."

"Okay?" I was beginning to wonder where she was going with this. One thing you should know about me, I am not a fan of surprises. In fact, one year when I was 5 my mother tried to throw me a surprise birthday party. When everyone jumped up and yelled, I basically pissed my pants and hid under my bed for a good 2 hours, both out of shame and embarrassment.

"So, I mean, I was thinking..."

"Spit it out, Emma"

"Maybe we could have a party here? You know, just to have the bands over."

"You mean....band...with an s? As in multiple bands? As in many many dirty tattooed boys going through my house?"

Emma jumped to her knees, clasping her hands together. "Pleaseeee, Chrissy! Ill never see Jamie again, and he could be my SOULMATE" She begged.

I took another bite of my ice cream. The things I do for her sometimes...

"Sure, Em. Throw some wild party."

She giggled, and bounded off to her room, a little ball of sunshine and energy even if it was around 4 in the morning at this point.

A few days later, I had forgotten about this party business. In fact, the upcoming week proved to be a very busy one in the life of Christian Isabelle Serra. Back in my youth when I was smart and I cared, I skipped the 2nd grade, making me a 19 year old college Junior. I am currently a graphic design major, just because I realized my perfect job would be for me to sit around playing computers all day. So, when I am not at San Diego State University, I am at my place of employment, a tiny mom&pop business called 'Northern Lights Candles', obviously a candle shop. Did I like candles? Not particularly? Did I like $11.50 an hour? You bet!

Well, it just so happened that week that my boss, Bill, had pre-ordered 400 catholic religious candles in order to prepare for Mardi Gras and Lent, but the order got messed up somehow, and we had to check in 1400 candles into stock. For me, this meant constant sales pitches to anyone who even looked like they were going to walk into the store, and therefore, lots and lots of rejection. I don't handle rejection well, at all. So, work had taken a lot of my self esteem this week.

When I got home that Wednesday evening at around 5 o'clock, I thought I was in the clear. Emma was nowhere to be found, and the living room couch looked so inviting, just begging me to park my fat ass there for a good 4 hours.

However, Emma clearly had other plans, because right as I found myself in my boxers and a 'Free Tibet' t-shirt lounging on my best friend the couch, she came bounding in, and nearly took my head off when her keys flew out of her hands.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled, stopping her in her tracks. "THERE IS A BODY ON THIS COUCH. IT IS NOT A KEYS RECEPTACLE."

She looked at me, and laughed her usual, careless laugh. "Good thing I didn't throw my purse then, right?"

I rolled my eyes, and tried to telekinetically move the remote from the floor to my hands.

"You do know what's happening tonight, right?" Emma yelled from her bedroom. If I wasn't laying on the couch, I could easily turn my head to see her changing, her door wide open. Modesty was definitely not in Emma's vocabulary.

"I do know what is happening tonight. I am going to lay here like the fat blob I am, and you are going to try and convince me to go out somewhere with you, in which I will say no, and you will be mad for about 5 minutes and then get over it."

Emma rushed into the room again, her outfit changed from a boring work polo to a sparkley black halter top and black skinny jeans. I have never ever seen a single article of clothing look bad on her.

"No, silly. For once I am not going to ask you to go anywhere with me."

I gave her shifty eyes, unsure of what she was going to say next.

"Because I brought the party to you!" And with that, our front door banged open, revealing an army of tattooed, shaggy haired boys all at my doorstep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli next chapter? :)