Hello Beautiful

Tuesday June 16th, My Bedroom, Sometime After Noon

YAY!

OK, I know random bursts of excitement aren’t really good enough for a diary because if anyone were to read this thing (and I hope they don’t because I’d stab them with my fountain pen) then they’d think that I was completely insane. Because that’s all I seem to do here. Have random bursts of excitement like actually writing “Squeee!” on paper. If anyone even knows what “squee” means.

But the reason I’m excited: my parents just told me where we’re going for our summer vacation. New York! Ah it’ll be so great to be back there, and in the summer! Every time I’ve been to New York it’s been December. It should be nice to see what the city looks like underneath the snow and layers of ice.

I honestly don’t see why my parents left New York. They’re always pining for it and saying how they want to see Auntie Cheryl. They lived there for eleven years! Then I came along and they decided to come back to Ireland. Well, Ireland sucks. It really does. It seems I ruin everything…

Ugh. I’ve got to stop dwelling on how much I hate Ireland. It’s making me depressed and I have three more years here. I can’t wait to be out of here but I want to finish school properly too. Why did I have to be conscientious?! My parents want to move back to NY, I just want to move, period.

The only thing in our way is that I want to get over five hundred points in my Leaving Cert. Which isn’t impossible as some people seem to think. I mean, hello? Every doctor had to get five hundred and fifty points. And you’d be surprised how many doctors I see sipping coffee in the canteen while I wait for my mom to finish work. (My mom’s not a doctor. She’s a clinical coder. I have no idea what that is. When she tries to explain it to me it seems as if she doesn’t either).

Anyway… Back to the real, major, exciting topic. New York! And it’s for an entire month! Ah it’s going to be so much fun! The last time I was there was when I was ten and back before I was really interested in anything. This time I must go to Hot Topic, I must see what the NY Forbidden Planet looks like and I must see a movie in an IMAX theatre. Ireland only has one IMAX. Isn’t that so lame? I hear it’s incredible, an amazing way to enhance and optimize the way you see your movie. I really wish I could go to an IMAX right now. But the one in Ireland is in Dublin (of course) and I’m in Cork. Even if I was allowed to go it would cost me thirty euro. Point number two against Ireland: things are expensive here.

It’ll be great to see my family again too, of course. Must not forget that family is supposed to come first. Although Forbidden Planet always cuts it pretty close to family. I should be ashamed. But I love the geeky goodness that FP provides.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too short? Should it be revised? When I post more chapters it should be a bit more enjoyable to read. And, I'm sorry, but she is a bit whiny. But I guess it is her journal and she can do what she likes with. I can safely say that she doesn't get any MORE whiny. And it will get better. Promise.