My Heart Stopped Beating

So testosterone boys…

“Did you make out with Mikey Way?”
My heart raced. What?
“I’ll take that as a yes.” Adam said, shaking his head in disappointment and turning to leave. Immediately my mind started working. “No!” I yelled, my voice almost catching in my throat.
He turned back, his eyes watering.
“Where in the world did you get that outrageous idea?” I yelled in disbelief.
“It’s not an outrageous idea, it’s the truth.”
His hands were visibly shaking as he ran his fingers threw his hair. His lips moved, but no noise came out.
“It’s not the truth! Now, where’d you hear that?”
He sighed, looking up at me with sad eyes, before shaking his head and turning around. I almost yelled out to him again until I realized what he was doing. He slipped off his shoes by the door he’d been so ready to walk through seconds ago, and faced me again.
“I love you,” he whispered, before wrapping his arms around my waist. He walked me backwards until we fell tangled on the couch. He held me to his chest, holding on like he was scared to let go.
“Explain.” He managed to choke, his eyes shut tight. I lay horizontally with my head on his chest, listening to his racing heart.
“I would, in a heartbeat, if you needed any more convincing of how much I love you. I really don’t know what you’re talking about, though.”
“I’m talking about hearing that you got pretty comfortable with Mikey in a coffee shop.”
I smiled, which didn’t make him the slightest bit happy.
“Oh, that!”
He frowned. “Yes, that.”
“That was nothing! A kiss on the cheek! He was only comforting me, I was upset…”
I trailed off as I remembered why I was so upset. Thinking of Mikey, not as my Mikey, but as a stranger, killed me inside. Tears threatened to spill as I buried my face into his chest, inhaling the sweet smell that is Adam.
He rolled slightly to the side so that we were facing each other. His arms still held their stone grip.
“You promise?”
I furrowed my brow.
“Yeah, I promise.” And I can’t believe you’d doubt me.
“With all your heart?” His voice was softer, sweeter.
“With all my heart.” I repeated. I struggled to reach his face, my hand constricted in the nonexistent space between us. Adam blushed, pulling back slightly so that I could free an arm. I brought my hand to his face, tracing my fingers over his features.
“I love only you.” I whispered the truth, answering the question that probably burned his mind. “Only you, forever.”
With that, his lips touched mine. The passion behind his kiss surprised me; he’d never been one to be so physical. I teased his hungry lips by pulling away so I could see his eyes. My fingers ran through his hair as I smiled, simply staring at his face.
We’d spent many weekends like this, laying on the couch and simply looking at each other. The sweet moment was abruptly ended as his lips attacked mine, again.
I laughed lightly in his mouth at his eagerness, but it only made him groan. He pulled away and rolled onto his back, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes.
“You’re making this so difficult! I almost lost you, and now that I’m sure you’re mine, you’re not letting me celebrate.”
I smiled slightly at his choice of words, but it probably didn’t touch my eyes. “You never came close to losing me,” I answered, capturing his lips with mine.

I shot up from the couch as headlights swept across the windows, bathing the room in light before disappearing. I sighed as I waited for the engine to cut off, and for my mother to walk in with groceries. As I heard the side door a few rooms over open, I was suddenly aware of the fact that I was naked. As embarrassing as that may be for my mom to walk in on, I think she’d be a bit more affected by the naked boy that slowly sat up beside me, yawning. My eyes widened and my throat closed as I quickly stood up, gathering the articles of clothing scattered around the room.
“Mmmm, baby,” Adam moaned, rubbing his eyes. He walked over slowly, completely unaware of the current situation, and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Let’s make love again, you’re positively amazing.” He kissed my neck softly, lovingly, not full of lust as most teenage relationships were.
I fought off the butterflies in my stomach and grabbed him by the wrist, dragging a disoriented Adam with me to my bedroom. I pushed him onto my bed and raced back to the living room to snatch the clothing. My heart simply would not stop attempting to leap out of my chest as I heard my mom call my name. Just as I heard her shuffling over to find me, Adam appeared at the end of the hallway, staring at me in confusion, and still very naked. Distracted, I didn’t look where I was going, and a sharp crunch sounded underneath my foot.
My mouth opened wide, but no noise came out, as I looked down at Adam’s broken glasses. Hopping on one foot, I hurried down the hallway to my bedroom with Adam in tow. I closed the door behind us just as my mother entered the living room.
Holding my breath, I put a finger to Adam’s lips as my mother called for us. Just as she let out a loud and prolonged gasp, I realized I didn’t have my bra.

Comment?
=D
<3